Thread: Beginner Crafter Enters the Pod

Junior Member Chesapeake Pod
    Pod of The South

Beginner Crafter Enters the Pod

Hi everyone! Mermaid Mizu here, I’m still pretty new to the community but wanted to showcase some seashell accessories that I’ve been working on.

This is really the foundation for a bunch of small projects that I’m trying to make and sell. Hopefully it’ll be enough to save up for some fins, just to get good practice in.

Very proud of this larger piece and most of the barrettes will be done in the morning

After doing some snooping around on the forums, E6000 glue may not be the best (health wise) to use on these projects but it’s one of the toughest. So we’ll see how it all works out in the end!

I’ll be sure to update soon

E6000 isn't a bad glue if you're keeping your hands gloved and working in a well ventilated area. If you wanna be extra careful, you could also wear a dusk mask.

Once it dries it's not harmful in the slightest and doesn't leak toxins into the water which is why it's so awesome for accessories.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Pod of The South
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    E6000 isn't a bad glue if you're keeping your hands gloved and working in a well ventilated area. If you wanna be extra careful, you could also wear a dusk mask.

Once it dries it's not harmful in the slightest and doesn't leak toxins into the water which is why it's so awesome for accessories.
    Then that’s good. I try to be cautious about using certain things in water. I don’t have gloves but I’m certainly not breathing in the fumes

Sent from my Shellphone on MerNetwork App

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    A dust mask isn't going to help since those are for particulate matter such as sanding. What is needed is a respirator rated to handle vapor (P95). The hardware store here has the 3M brand ones with replaceable filter cartridges for about $25.

You only get one set of lungs, so you can't be too careful.

Pod of The South
    So it took a bit of work but I’ve made quite a few hair clips and pretty proud of them. What do you all think?

IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190123/db5b2714d8497b7ce7e95f6ebac46d99.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my Shellphone on MerNetwork App