Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who makes swimmable leggings?

Member Undisclosed Pod MermaidSolstice's Avatar

Who makes swimmable leggings?

Does anyone know of a tailmaker or company that makes swimmable leggings?

They don't need to be scaled, but mer themed would be prefered.
    "I must be a mermaid...I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." -Anais Nin

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)

Who makes swimmable leggings?

Finfolk productions
    Mertailor
    Funfin
    Merbella's
    Raina's splashing fashion

There are literally tons

Sent from my ShellPhone using MerNetwork mobile app
    Last edited by Mermaid_Izzy; 03-11-2019 at 07:17 PM.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    Seems like a lot of the fabric tail sellers make leggings that go with <3
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

User formerly known as derBears

Courtney Mermaid does as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Mine are made from recycled plastic and are quick drying!
    www.rainassplashinfashion.com

Follow seaside_holly on Tumblr
    Courtney Mermaid does here is the link to her mermaid leggings https://shopvancouvermermaid.com/collections/frontpage

Sent from my XT1710-02 using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    edit 2.20: I decided not to get them because I realized they are the same as some other leggings I got off Amazon from a different seller, just a different color.

I've found some on Amazon. Since they cost a lot less than others I'm willing to give it a shot:https://www.amazon.com/Cokar-Swimwea.../dp/B00XHQZ71G
    Last edited by Trade Winds; 02-20-2019 at 06:41 AM.

Courtney Mermaid

Suntails just released some (I think it's recent), and I'd be interested if anyone's gotten them. They have less of a visible seam than their same-price competitor, Fin Fun. (I too am on a fervent hunt for some).

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kwilena's Avatar
    Add Kwilena on Google+
    The Suntail ones are recent.

I have a pair of the Suntail leggings which I'm about 80% pleased with. The elastic could be more comfortable though - in the photos it looks like a wide comfy band, but it's very thin elastic in there, and at first it felt like it was kind of cutting into me. I told them and they thanked me fervently for my feedback, so perhaps they'll change it if more people ask.

I have got used to it though, maybe a bit of stretch and it getting wet has helped.

I'm not a slender merwoman, at waist 41 inches and hips 46 inches I think I'm probably just at the edge of the largest size, if you're less than that it'll be fine, but if you're more, perhaps not.

Red face Fin Fun has tons!

I'm in love with Fin Fun's leggings. They actually look like their mermaid tails, which is great for those of us who are in love with a particular design. I think they even have a sale on them right now. https://www.finfunmermaid.com/mermai...rmaid-leggings

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidSolstice View Post
    Does anyone know of a tailmaker or company that makes swimmable leggings?

They don't need to be scaled, but mer themed would be prefered.

Quote Originally Posted by Merleece View Post
    The Suntail ones are recent.

I have a pair of the Suntail leggings which I'm about 80% pleased with. The elastic could be more comfortable though - in the photos it looks like a wide comfy band, but it's very thin elastic in there, and at first it felt like it was kind of cutting into me. I told them and they thanked me fervently for my feedback, so perhaps they'll change it if more people ask.

I have got used to it though, maybe a bit of stretch and it getting wet has helped.

I'm not a slender merwoman, at waist 41 inches and hips 46 inches I think I'm probably just at the edge of the largest size, if you're less than that it'll be fine, but if you're more, perhaps not.

Can you take a couple shots of the leggings? Mainly the seam and a close up of the scales. Thank you if you do.

Add Kwilena on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post
    Can you take a couple shots of the leggings? Mainly the seam and a close up of the scales. Thank you if you do.
    Sure. Have a look here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/LMSjxZZKJnwNoSPX9 What's not clear in the photos is that the leg seams are on the inside, so it's only the waist and central seam down the front that shows, and it's even particularly obvious, and I guess it might be less so with the other colours in the range.

Add Kwilena on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by queenmermaid View Post
    I'm in love with Fin Fun's leggings. They actually look like their mermaid tails, which is great for those of us who are in love with a particular design. I think they even have a sale on them right now. https://www.finfunmermaid.com/mermai...rmaid-leggings
    Those Fin Fun leggings look great! I'm tempted to see if a pair would fit me...

It's great when you have a skin that matches your leggings. I was wearing my matching skin over my leggings and really spun out some folks, taking the skin off and having the leggings underneath.

I'd love to have someone compare the Fin Fun and the Suntail leggings

Quote Originally Posted by Merleece View Post
    Sure. Have a look here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/LMSjxZZKJnwNoSPX9 What's not clear in the photos is that the leg seams are on the inside, so it's only the waist and central seam down the front that shows, and it's even particularly obvious, and I guess it might be less so with the other colours in the range.
    Those look SOOOO different from their pix online!! I love the color more in your pix than the site.

All right I got my blue lagoon Suntail leggings today. I went with them because on Amazon Finfun has posted that their leggings are NOT for swimming. Suntail has such a beautiful color and realistic scales that really pop. They are small too which is nice compared to big Finfun or Mertailor scales. They get smaller towards the ankle too which is a nice effect. Will swim in them this weekend.

Only issue is if I bend my knees or stretch it too much, you can start to see thru it some.

I confirmed with Finfun that they do NOT recommend their leggings for swimming. RIP

I used my Suntail leggings yesterday under my Mertailor tail and they were great!!! The pool was super cold so the extra layer helped a lot. The leggings are very slick so the tail slid down a lot more than usual. They get skin tight in water too. So I would recommend Suntail leggings for sure to swim with but not under a tail if you are worried about the tail sliding down.

Has anyone seen the new Swimtails leggings with the fins! They look so cool! Especially the Beta and Whale Shark themed ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Avalynn View Post
    Has anyone seen the new Swimtails leggings with the fins! They look so cool! Especially the Beta and Whale Shark themed ones.
    Wellll...they are interesting. Not sure how I feel. Got to see some in person or an actual pic. If I am gping to pay $130 for leggings I may as well just buy a tail. Mostly, I am not buying from Swimtails after all they have done