Thread: Siren Season 2

Talking Siren Season 2

SEASON 2 EPISODE 1 SPOILERS AHEAD!

Who's watching?! I'm loving season 2 already and can't wait for the next episode, and noticed a detail in this new plot that had me interested.

The whales washing up on shore, the "loud noise" in the water causing damage to the wildlife, it especially affecting the mermaids, does this sound familiar to anyone? I'm aware that there might be stuff like that in real life that happens to disrupt wildlife etc, but it reminded me a lot of the mockumentary "Mermaids: The Body Found" that they had on ages ago. In that, whales had been washing up on shore dead or badly injured and they discovered it was potentially due to a damaging blast from some sort of sonar device (this is off the top of my head mind), and them listening to some recorded sound of the aftermath resulted in discovering the high frequency voices of distressed mermaids, and helped in humans "discovering" them to be real.

I'm really fascinated by the sort of similar details in this episode popping up because it brings about some speculation on what might happen later. What do you think? Is someone going to discover the mermaids like they did in that mockumentary and go looking for them?

Also wow, don't even get me started on just general reactions to that whole POD showing up on land and that young one and aaah
    Formerly known as Mermaid Cosmica

Junior Member Pod of New England pinki_girl513's Avatar

Visit pinki_girl513's Youtube Channel
    Oh my god I’m so excited for the new season! I was over my friend’s house yesterday and we watched the first episode of the new season, so excited to see where this season goes

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    Really enjoying season 2 so far!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I resubbed Netflix Australia hoping to watch season one and its not there!!! Much disappointment. On the other hand, I watched the entire season of Tidelands.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    I resubbed Netflix Australia hoping to watch season one and its not there!!! Much disappointment. On the other hand, I watched the entire season of Tidelands.
    It's on showmax that's why I have both lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthSeaAlaria View Post

The whales washing up on shore, the "loud noise" in the water causing damage to the wildlife, it especially affecting the mermaids, does this sound familiar to anyone?
    look up "man-made underwater noise pollution". They turned the oceans into hellishly loud places.
    Not only modern ships (which are incredibly loud), offshore powerplants, not to mention the noise of building those, oil drillings which operate with an explosion sound 24/7, and yeah some sonar weapon testing is also going on.

None of the wildlife can stopper their ears. I wish this was more of a public concern, but humans tend to just dump all their trash into water and don't think much about it.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    Oh yeah, there are regions where they aren't supposed to test these things bc it so impacts the wildlife
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

User formerly known as derBears

I don’t think many people realize how loud human racket in the water can be to the animals living there. Ignorance.
    I dream of a day when they may rise above the billows to drag down in their reeking talons the remnants of puny, war-exhausted mankind --of a day when the land shall sink, and the dark ocean floor shall ascend amidst universal pandemonium.

Noise pollution is a HUGE threat to cetaceans. Too many boats in an area can cause it, but sonic testing is a problem. Not only can it lead to strandings, but it can prevent cetaceans from hunting and communicating.

Discussing the show itself some more, I like where they're taking the Ryn/Maddie/Ben relationship. They're doing a good job of developing it naturally. I'm glad it's not a love triangle, cause I hate love triangles.
    Last edited by Mermaid Delphinidae; 02-18-2019 at 05:57 PM.

Guess what? Its on Kodi!!! Yes, season 1 and 2 is on kodi!

So for a little bit I've had this fan theory that at some point, the mermaids are going to reveal themselves to the public. The show is starting to play up an angle of "bringing the mermaid and human worlds together" so I'm thinking more and more that that will happen. What do you guys think?

Also, I hope we get to see more mermaid tribes eventually.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    Lol. If we don't get some underwater siren city footage I'll bed so disappointed :P
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

User formerly known as derBears

I've just finished binge watching Season 1 and 2... I hope there'll be Season 3, considering the epic finale!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    I've just finished binge watching Season 1 and 2... I hope there'll be Season 3, considering the epic finale!
    There is! It’s meant to be coming out in July I think? I’m so hyped but also so gutted considering what happened in that finale
    Formerly known as Mermaid Cosmica

Quote Originally Posted by NorthSeaAlaria View Post
    There is! It’s meant to be coming out in July I think? I’m so hyped but also so gutted considering what happened in that finale
    Yay!

We've learnt so much about Helen and Fish kin, it'd be a shame not to continue along that line.

The new episodes are coming back earlier than planned, they're starting June 13 instead. Looks like there's gonna be a lot of exciting new stuff!

Season 2 is back! What do you guys think so far?

I'm wondering where the plot with they hybrid group is gonna lead. There's definitely something sketchy going on with them. What I'm wondering is, do they hybrids in the group know any full blooded mermaids? And if not, how they are gonna react when they find out that Helen and Rick are in contact with some? I have a theory that they have some kind of hybrid/mermaid supremacy going on that resulted in inbreeding and the murder of Helen's father. I'm also still wondering what significance the hybrids will have as the show goes on, or if it's just gonna be some side drama.

I know Ben and Maddie want to protect Ryn, but I hope they eventually start trusting her to make her own decisions.

If the show runs long enough, I hope we get to see mermaids from other parts of the sea. Like, it would be cool if Ryn and her tribe take what they learned about cooperation from their time on land to try and get other tribes to team up with them. Ryn's tribe probably isn't the only group that's struggling.