Thread: How did you find your mersona? (Stories)

Senior Member North Pacific Pod

How did you find your mersona? (Stories)

I am discovering mine quite rapidly recently, but oddly perhaps, its due to what i know i DON'T like!

I originally ordered a tail after doing a ton of research on what colors i liked best underwater. However after ordering a bright pink tail (close to those crazy red pops), i got less and less excited and realized that I'm a blue tailed mer.

I had no idea and would have gone with any other color Haha.

I still would have adored my pink tail but due to complications i never ended up getting it, so now I'm looking at much more reasonably priced tails Haha. Every one of them blue or somewhat blue

I knew a lot about my sirens appearance but i find out most things this way!

How did you figure out your mersona quirks, likes, or dislikes?
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

User formerly known as derBears

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Mine is based directly off me and some...beliefs I have about myself. What I look like (the seahorse) IS me. So there was no thinking. I said oh hey I already look like this, so here I am as a mermaid! But as for tails to swim in, I go for whatever because there is nothing that looks EXACTLY what I look like, even if I make it. If I see a pretty tail or design, I get it cuz I liked it and wanted it. I meld seahorsey into my be-whatever-sort-of-mer-I-wanna-look-like for a unique only-me experience.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    From a packet of my favourite chocolates.
    Formerly known as ireneho

I get that Tradewinds i have delicate pixie ears that make me wish i could get out more. I'd have pretty perfect cosplay ears ^_^
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    My "real self" is sort of an aquatic amphitere, which sometimes also appears as a half-serpentine form.

That's been long established, so the only tricky part for me was to find a swimmable serpent tail and whether to call myself Melusine, Lamia, or Echidna.
    Color was also not hard to decide, because many dragons are colorchangers (in addition to shapechangers ), and all my favorite colours are pastel, watery, white and silver.

Fun fact: in many cultures, mermaids, serpent spirits and dragons are interchangable!

That's so cool! I was beating myself up for making my tail too snakey but I've always had reptiles as an adult lolName:  20190122_091620-768x1024.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  222.4 KB
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

Add Echidna on Facebook
    that's a cool design!
    and there is no such thing as "too snakey"

I think the serpentine side of mermaids and nixies was swept under the rug gradually because so many folks dislike or fear snakes.

Aww thanks ^_^

Probably! I definitely identify with sea snakes vs fish. I was rescaling it and was so sad so thank you I'm keeping the snakey version <3
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

Add Echidna on Facebook
    totally legit, as traditional merfolk are described as having either a fish's or a snake's tail.

I'd like to see more snake mers, but I realize how hard it is to swim when you can't put some sort of fin in the lower part!