Thread: Any ideas to prevent fresh scar tissue on legs from getting sore in the tail?

Unhappy Any ideas to prevent fresh scar tissue on legs from getting sore in the tail?

Hi, so recently I just had some surgery on my left leg that is going to leave 2 very long scars. Luckily it will be a couple of months before it is warm enough to swim in my tail again. But, I remember new surgical scars are still sensitive a few months later when being rubbed in water and against other skin. I was wondering if anyone had ideas or experience to help prevent pain and discomfort while in your tail. My tail is a fabric one by mertailor

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    Two layers helps to prevent abrasion. Try wearing leggings. I use leggins with a hybrid tail, and they help quite a bit. Most of the slipping is one cloth layer on the other, rather than cloth to skin.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    over the counter numbing cream. You can usually get xylocane - a form of lidocane, safe for skin use from the pharmacist. I have sensitive scar tissue damage as well and my doc suggested it. Actually, what she got me to do was sleep with a cotton ball of lidocane taped to the scar tissue overnight to basically calm those damaged nerve endings down and after a few weeks it stopped being an issue all together

Thanks, I will have to try both of your suggestions