Thread: Hooray! Ordered my first tail

Senior Member North Pacific Pod

Hooray! Ordered my first tail

Woooot my first tail comes around valentines! I ended up going with a suntails so that i could practice and i liked the monofin better than the finfun.

I ended up raiding my piggy bank and shockingly i dug up enough for my suntail while i wait for my swimtails situation to resolve itself. XD

Im going to be practicing underwater swimming since i can dolphin surprisingly well despite sciatica, backfloat infinitely (omg this will be so fun as a mer!), and do the non crawls quite well, but i still get a little claustrophobic underwater since i haven't learned to hold my breath yet.

Im going to be getting over that this week as i wait ^_^ I've been binging videos all morning on how to "make the water your friend" ��

My fiance, who <fairly> is insanely sick of having heard everyday about mermaid tails for the last 6 months, swims great underwater...sigh... hed be a great merman...^_^
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

User formerly known as derBears

Congrats! I wish you luck and fintastic time. Which color tail did you go with?

I went with the dark purple since i wasn't feeling the blues they had. I plan on trying on some of that Luminere paint to silver tip the edges
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    I got my Suntail yesterday. I got the sea monster to match my natural hippocampus tail. Great monofin compared to Fin Fun. Very stiff instead of floppy. I'm swimming in it tomorrow.

Ahhhhhhh my tail is at the distribution center in my area ^_^ go away snow!

I am a compulsive tracker checker lol
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

GAH it is so close. Am I the only one who thinks about just stopping by the distribution center when to see if I could get it at that point. Instead of waiting 24 hours and I just want it now

Snowed in ×_× Name:  20190209_102808_1200x1300.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  429.8 KB

Huh. No idea why it's sideways ^_^
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

It will be ok. It is close

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post
    I got my Suntail yesterday. I got the sea monster to match my natural hippocampus tail. Great monofin compared to Fin Fun. Very stiff instead of floppy. I'm swimming in it tomorrow.
    This is Steve Browning with Fin Fun. I invite you to try our new AMP monofin. It comes with a much stiffer core and other improvements. I'm sure you will like it.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Browning View Post
    This is Steve Browning with Fin Fun. I invite you to try our new AMP monofin. It comes with a much stiffer core and other improvements. I'm sure you will like it.
    I can't since right now it doesn't fit my women's size 11 feet

Name:  20190212_174803_1_1500x1300_1_1300x900_1_76_1_30.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  38.8 KB

Yaaaaaaaaay! This thing is awesome! It is incredibly gorgeous, pictures do not do this justice!

Ooooooh i hope the pool is open tomorrow! The great melt started last night so crossing my fins!

Eeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    So excited for you!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

It looks great! Have fun swimming

Yipee! Finally got to try my monofin at the pool! Mixed initial feelings...i took quite naturally to the dolphin kick with no knees with NO fin...put that fin on and I immediately start looking like a drunk fish :P It didnt help the foot pocket was a little big so I need to tighten that, the other issue is that I still dont sink well.

I did get under the surface for a few moments, and once I got that grip with my fluke everything changed and felt...simply magical! That mini glimpse into what it will be like when I master this concept haha
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi