Thread: Swimming with a galaxy watch?

Swimming with a galaxy watch?

So I'm looking into getting a smart watch that's good for swimming and I'm considering getting a galaxy watch since it's waterproof and has a built in swim coach. Does anyone here have any experience with the watch or have any alternative suggestions?

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

I'm assuming you mean the Samsung Galaxy? I don't think all the models and fully waterproof so be sure to keep an eye out for that. Water resistant is not the same thing. I don't have much experience with their watches but I've owned the Galaxy 5s, 7, and 9. Great little phones. Only the 5 was actually quality assured and tested for waterproofness and ability for underwater usage or just being submerged in general.

Edit: Just noticed you mentioned the swim coach app which would mean the model you're looking at is most definitely waterproof. Sorry! But yeah you really can't go wrong with the Galaxy. I think some FitBits are also 100% waterproof and a little cheaper if you're looking for something more thrifty. You just sacrifice some smart functionality.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078058/

Yep it's waterproof for up to 50 meters.
    I have a galaxy note 8 so I'm pretty confident in Samsung's quality. Honestly my only hesitation is that it has bixby and not Google assistant (bixby is literally the worst)
    I've considered getting a Fitbit but my philosophy is that if I'm going to spend money on something I might as well wait, save, and spend a bit more to get what I really want

Oh yeah. Bixby is awful. 100% agree with you there lol

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidFinley View Post
    Oh yeah. Bixby is awful. 100% agree with you there lol
    Honestly it's comically bad...