Thread: Saw somebody else crowdfunding so I decided I'd give it a try

Saw somebody else crowdfunding so I decided I'd give it a try

https://www.gofundme.com/help-a-stru...rmaid-get-fins

I see a ton of other mermaid with silicone tails, however with my severe ADHD it's hard for me to hold down a steady entry level job. Mermaiding is a big dream of mine. I'd appreciate any help I can accquire.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    These sort of things pop up a lot, but I would be wary of posting them to the forum as they are not often well received.

Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic

Something in the water lately that these keep popping up?

@Mermaid Gigi

You're young and you have no job. If you really want a tail, you should save up for one instead of expecting others to fund your hobby wants. That means pulling yourself together enough to find and keep a job. You will appreciate the tail more if you earn the money yourself.

Also, a silicone tail is a bad idea for a first tail. They are expensive and heavy. A fabric tail would be a better choice.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    Or you could take the plunge and make your own silicone tail. That's what I did, even though the process was a long one. I agree with tealmermaid, find yourself a job and save up for a silicone tail and before you get a silicone tail, start with a fabric tail first. You can do lots of things to earn cash apart from getting a job, like babysitting for friends, looking after pets, washing cars or another thing, ask for cash as gifts when it's your birthday, christmas and set that aside for a silicone tail.
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by tealmermaid View Post

@Mermaid Gigi

You're young and you have no job. If you really want a tail, you should save up for one instead of expecting others to fund your hobby wants. That means pulling yourself together enough to find and keep a job. You will appreciate the tail more if you earn the money yourself.

Also, a silicone tail is a bad idea for a first tail. They are expensive and heavy. A fabric tail would be a better choice.
    Agree, there must be something in the moon pool...

You make the mermaid, not the tail. Just look at Weeki Wachee Mermaids, they all wear fabric tails and are very successful in being mermaids. You see them swim, play and their movements and facial expressions are the magic. Its how you project yourself in a fabric tail. Not only that, it is lighter and easier to carry and maintain.
    Formerly known as ireneho

I hope you find a job. I know it is rough with ADHD from my own experience but it can be manageable. I believe in you and you can do it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tealmermaid View Post

@Mermaid Gigi

Alright. I'll use fabric until I can practice and save up. I appreciate the feedback.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    Please read all the other "please pay for my tail" threads!
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

User formerly known as derBears