Thread: Mermaid Linden Adult Monofin

Mermaid Linden Adult Monofin

It finally arrived!!! I got my monofin! It's the Blue and Purple model, but I've noticed a few things off the bat. For starters, the monofin is oddly tight around the top of my feet. I wouldn't say it's painful, but it's definitely not super comfortable. I bought a large and I'm a size 9 in women's shoes. I've also noticed the safety buckles are extremely difficult to detatch. I'm chalking all this up to this fin being fresh off the press but for those of you that have this fin, did you experience the same problems at first? Did they go away at all?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    I don't have a Linden but I have own 3 different monofins and can say most are gonna hurt your feet. The straps, the pocket, etc. Get some neoprene socks, if you think your feet will still fit in the monofin with them on. They helped me sooo much with my Mahina. But even with them, the Mahina hurts my ankles after a time.

I have the socks! I know they will hurt, but I just picked the most comfortable monofin I could afford to try and lessen the affect. The foot pockets are a really comfy silicone and the straps have neoprene covers on the heels. I was mostly just wondering if the tightness in the toe area will wear down with time. I was able to get the buckles for the straps to loosen a lot easier after fiddling with them over and over again. Thanks for the help though!

Hi I've just gotten the Linden monofin too and I've noticed that if I wear the little socks that came with it, the fin is quite tight and without them theres so much more room. I'm a UK size 7 foot. I think once I start the mermaid swimming lessons next month I'll try swimming with and without them to see what it's like.

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidFinley View Post
    I bought a large and I'm a size 9 in women's shoes.
    I just bought one and I thought there was only one size? It came today and I didn’t see any kind of size listed on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mermaid Awesome
    Insta: @theawesomemermaid

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post
    I don't have a Linden but I have own 3 different monofins and can say most are gonna hurt your feet. The straps, the pocket, etc. Get some neoprene socks, if you think your feet will still fit in the monofin with them on. They helped me sooo much with my Mahina. But even with them, the Mahina hurts my ankles after a time.
    Is the mahina really that bad for blisters? That's my next monofin

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the.tattooed.mermaid78 View Post
    Is the mahina really that bad for blisters? That's my next monofin

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    Yes. Two of my podmates have it and their feet come out red even with socks. I would get bruises on my ankles. I got rid of my Mahina and replaced with the Fantasea. A million times better.