Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid Fin Fest. June 7-9th Terrell TX

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Mermaid Fin Fest. June 7-9th Terrell TX

Hey everyone! I hope you'll join me this World Ocean's Day for a weekend of professional development, ocean conservation, and mermaid shell-e-brating! Come participate in loads of workshops, listen to great talks from amazing experts, swim in the beautiful water, dance to the drums, peruse the vendor area, enjoy yummy food and try some mermaid Yoga! This event is 18+ and glitter free and single use plastic free. Camping on site!

I will be giving a multitude of workshops and Sean will be giving one on wrangling too. I'll be giving a key-note talk about the magic mermaiding creates for us and others, and how to harness that.

Check 'em out Mermaid FinFest on facebook!

http://mermaidfinfest.com/
    Last edited by AniaR; 03-01-2019 at 07:38 AM.

Junior Member Pod of Texas LunaRose's Avatar
    Follow LunaRose On Twitter Add LunaRose on Facebook
    *starts saving up* xD
    i would love to go! i'm currently looking to fill up my calendar with events this year and craving to travel!

Mermaid Kisses

Would love to "sea" you

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Hmm...Clear Springs, huh? Heard some sketchy things about it on another post a year or so ago when other mers were looking for clear waters to swim. I'm hesitant to say if I'll go or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post
    Hmm...Clear Springs, huh? Heard some sketchy things about it on another post a year or so ago when other mers were looking for clear waters to swim. I'm hesitant to say if I'll go or not.
    This is the first year for this event so I'm not sure where you heard sketchy things? May be from a different gathering?

This is held at a rock quarry that Mers typically aren't usually permitted in. It's run by a scuba ranch so it's usually just divers! But will be the host of the event

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    This is the first year for this event so I'm not sure where you heard sketchy things? May be from a different gathering?

This is held at a rock quarry that Mers typically aren't usually permitted in. It's run by a scuba ranch so it's usually just divers! But will be the host of the event

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    That's what I mean. I have heard bad things about Clear Springs from mers and from nonmers alike. The most I have tried to go with them is get them to answer the phone or respond to emails- neither of which happened and it's like their phone is never answered. Good on you that you got them to work with you. I'm still wary

I am not organizing the event. I'm a special guest.

it's just never been open to the public is my understanding. It's for members of the ranch, that are scuba divers or taking courses. If you heard bad things it's probably just mers upset they can't swim there usually

However, please note the event is not RUN by the scuba ranch. it is simply hosted there. So any past misgivings you had about the ranch (which I read on the website has been under new ownership since May 2018) shouldn't be extended to the group running the event as they are two separate entities. I would hate for people to read the post and think this event is sketchy.

This is going to be an amazing event !!! I’ve been waiting for tickets to go live for 3 months so that I could get one

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

I am excited to meet you and all the other mers I've see online!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    I'd love to go, but I'll have to see how much money I have. Wonder if I can pick up a short term job...

I know it can seem a bit pricey but everything is included except food. Having run cons before we usually break up the prices so you pay X for tickets, X for dance X for certain workshops etc but this is all done up and you can either bring your own food/buy or sign up for the weekend meal plan which is a nice added bonus.

I really am so excited I have never been to Texas before!

I know it can seem a bit pricey but everything is included except food. Having run cons before we usually break up the prices so you pay X for tickets, X for dance X for certain workshops etc but this is all done up and you can either bring your own food/buy or sign up for the weekend meal plan which is a nice added bonus.

Praying it won’t be raining when you visit us! Do you think you’ll be ok to swim and have fun around then Raina? Don’t want you to be in pain or uncomfortable while your visiting us!

Yeah the main ticket includes park access for 3 days, a camping spot, work shops and talks, swimming, the dance, drum circle, yoga, as well as other things still being added. And meeting other awesome merfolk And it’s only $250 per ticket. It is also a 18+ event so you can be your self and not your performance self. It’s $135 for all your meals covered for 3 days for one ticket witch saves you space and time and hassle. And it’s gonna be yummy to. You can book a 1 hour photo shoot for $75. There will also be some amazing vendors there that you can buy really cool stuff from !!!

If y’all are like me it’s gonna be a 4 hour drive plus stops to get there! But it’s cheaper than a flight hotel room and additional expenses to attend similar events else where!

Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork mobile app

I am soooo excited

Ah, I'm not complaining, I totally understand the prices, ha ha. Running a festival/con isn't cheap or easy, as Dash-Con and Fyre Fest have shown. I just don't make a lot of money and I didn't get much of a tax refund this year so I'm a bit reluctant on the registration costs, lol. One day ticket is easy, but I'd rather be there the whole weekend, especially since it's a long drive. But with all that's included, I know it's a good deal. I have all the camping gear I need (I lived in a tent in state parks for six months, I'm all set!) and I can eat cheaply, if I manage the registration cost everything else would be fine. It falls on my birthday weekend so I'm considering asking my mom to pay for part of it as a birthday present. Maybe even my dad if I tell him it's an opportunity to practice underwater photography, ha ha. (I really do want to practice my underwater photography, bet the place has some wildlife on land too) The more I think about it, the more I want to do it. Perhaps I'll finally try that online transcribing job, or that dog walking app.

Anyone know if the lake has much wildlife? I'd love to get pictures of fish if I go. If not, I'd still be happy to take pictures of mermaids.

Hope you have fun in Texas! You planning to do anything else here besides the festival?

Oh I didn't take it as complaining, but I figured others would worry about price too so I used the chance to comment

Oh I didn't take it as complaining, but I figured others would worry about price too so I used the chance to comment
    You didn't come off that way, I just wanted to cement that I wasn't complaining, lol. The price really is good, I hope I'll be able to make it!

Is there any info on which vendors will be there yet?

Just remembered I get three paychecks in May instead of my usual two. That could change things...

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Delphinidae View Post
    Just remembered I get three paychecks in May instead of my usual two. That could change things...

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork
    I hope you come !!! I want to meet as many merpeople as possible! It’s gonna be fun! They have some vendors locked down but haven’t announced them to the public yet! They should be comeing out with in the next week or so! Seriously PM Moria Dobbs on Facebook and she will fill you in on everything as she is the one running the show right now! But all I can say is save your money because there is gonna be awesome eco friendly stuff to buy there !!!! Lol I am trying really hard on this point lol

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    I hope you come !!! I want to meet as many merpeople as possible! It’s gonna be fun! They have some vendors locked down but haven’t announced them to the public yet! They should be comeing out with in the next week or so! Seriously PM Moria Dobbs on Facebook and she will fill you in on everything as she is the one running the show right now! But all I can say is save your money because there is gonna be awesome eco friendly stuff to buy there !!!! Lol I am trying really hard on this point lol

Sweet! If I go I'll definitely try to have some money set aside to buy some swag. Otherwise I'm mostly paying attention to the activities and seminars, I'm waiting to hear more information on those.

Anyone happen to know if the swim site has any aquatic life? I'd love to get photos of fish. If nothing else, it will be cool to see those sunken boats!

Yes I looked up their FB page and saw fishies in underwater photos!!!