If she's telling the truth about buying stock images around the net in bulk, then using an image while forgetting the terms of use is a mistake I would probably make, especially if it was years down the road. (Though this is why I make a point to stick with stock that are free for personal and commercial use.) I really don't think it was something she did with malice, but rather just a case of being scatterbrained
I agree, but am only willing to give so much wiggle room. If you make a habit of buying stock for commercial purposes then it's part of the job to make sure you keep track. For instance, I buy music to use in my Youtube videos. I have them saved in different folders for their terms of use. I've been buying music for years and it's my job to organize it and use it responsibly. Could one slip through the cracks? Absolutely. But then it's on me to handle that properly. It's not like Angela didn't bother to notify them and just jumped to screaming online you know? She was very patient and kind through the whole thing and they kept taking advantage of it.

Also, this isn't the only time they've done that. It's #3 now, so I am starting to think it's willful ignorance on their part. Let's hope we don't get caught mentality.

The difference between me and Kristie is that if I was in her shoes, my husband wouldn't be responding to any emails and you'd have had your money and apology the moment I got your invoice.
And THIS exactly.

If they actually had ANY intention of making things right with Angela, Ryan - instead of commenting threats and arguing- could have come on to that thread and said "Hey, I know this is upsetting it was a mistake on our part and we are currently trying to work this out with Angela." but instead he made it seem like he had tried so many things and Angela was being difficult (when in reality they had not replied to her last email in 2 days) and hey I am gonna sue anyone who shares this link.

When things are a genuine mistake they're admitted upfront with a "what can I do to make this better?" and following through on it.

When that publisher used my image without my permission on the cover of a NYT Best selling book, it took one email and they instantly apologized and agreed to pay the fee. There was no blame on me. It was their job to properly vet the work because THEY are a business ya know?

I know I am preaching to the choir with you Blue lol, just making my points for others reading.