Thread: Hello from the PNW!

Junior Member North Pacific Pod mermomma44's Avatar

Hello from the PNW!

Hello everyone! My name is Savannah, and I'm a mer in progress in the PNW. I fell in love with mermaids/mermaiding at a young age, and have always felt at home in the water, and have a deep love for the ocean and all its creatures.
    I began my mermaiding journey almost 2 years ago, but my swimming was put on hold to have my mini mermaid! Now that she is out of her guppy stage, this mer momma is getting her tail back in the water! I have one fabric tail with it's own monofin(finfun) and a Finis Foil monofin to use for day-to-day practice swims.
    I'm very happy to be here, as I would love to make friends with all you lovely, like minded individuals. I'm hoping to meet up with other mers in my area once I get my sea legs (fins?) again, and can't wait to have a pod to swim with!
    Thank you for reading, and have a beautiful day!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Welcome to the MerNetwork
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    hi savannah! not sure where in washington you are, but there is a pod in seattle.
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

Quote Originally Posted by inanna View Post
    hi savannah! not sure where in washington you are, but there is a pod in seattle.
    About 2 hours north! I've seen a lot of activity in the North Pacific Pod, and I know there are several mers here in my town, luckily! Hopefully once I gain my confidence back, it won't be too difficult to arrange meet ups!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    Im in tacoma but I'll travel!
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

User formerly known as derBears

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    Dont be shy, i can barely use my monofin yet as my back had a lot of muscle atrophy and i can't swim underwater XD so if you are self concious about your swimming invite me and you'll instantly feel better!

I have a long road ahead of me but I'm excited! I would love to talk mermaiding with people do actually like it and not bored to tears by now
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

User formerly known as derBears

Quote Originally Posted by SirenGita View Post
    Dont be shy, i can barely use my monofin yet as my back had a lot of muscle atrophy and i can't swim underwater XD so if you are self concious about your swimming invite me and you'll instantly feel better!

I have a long road ahead of me but I'm excited! I would love to talk mermaiding with people do actually like it and not bored to tears by now
    It's mostly a lack of time! The local pool has limited hours available to mermaids, and finding a way to work it with my schedule has been tough! I definitely do hope to try and meet with as many WA mers as possible!
    I definitely get what you're saying. I bought a new tail today and no one at my human job understood my excitement. It's so nice to have the opportunity to talk about the community/lifestyle with those who GET it!!