Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are all my MN Merfolk at?

Where are all my MN Merfolk at?

I'm going to be spending most up the summer up in Minnesota (Twin cities area) and would love to meet up some fellow merfolk!

Minnesota Mer here! I live just outside Minneapolis. I work full-time but if you want to get together and swim just let me know.
    "Beware, Beware the Daughter of the Sea. Beware... Beware of ...Me"

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale View Post
    Minnesota Mer here! I live just outside Minneapolis. I work full-time but if you want to get together and swim just let me know.
    Awesome! I'll be in the Eagan/Bloomington area for most of the summer, so that sounds good!
    Although I dont know where to go with tails.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Sweet I go back and forth to Bloomington for work. I've been hearing the Great River waterpark allows tails. As for local lakes, I'm not really sure which ones are good swimming because I usually go up to my cabin to swim.

I used to live right by Hamline and never knew that! I've swam in Lebanon Hills, but not with my full tail. It's more of small lake/pond like water, so if you use fabric like me the tail would need a good washing.

Yes, I use a fabric tail. I'm looking at google maps right now and scoping out potential swimming areas and found a couple that look promising. Sand point beach looks like it's good for swimming. It also looks like Lake Nokimis has a big swimming area.

When I finally make the long trip up there I will have to check some of those places out, I have a guppy now (1 year old) so weekdays it would have to be after 3 when I can get someone to watch her. :3

I may finally be getting my tail wet for the first time this year! Pool party and bbq tomorrow for spring break, finally having warm weather down here in Southern MS.

I am located in the North west of the Metro! I have confirmed full fabric tails, but the Maple Grove community center pool definitely allows monofins! They said they don't really have any restrictions, as long as you use your equipment responsibly.

Looks like we could get a little MN pod meet up this summer!

I'm so excited!!

@sarraent I see you're a Luna cosplayer, are you going to Anime Detour this weenkend because I'm an Ardyn cosplayer.
    And if you're coming I'll maybe bring my mermaid tail too.

I'm so excited!!

@sarraent I see you're a Luna cosplayer, are you going to Anime Detour this weenkend because I'm an Ardyn cosplayer.
    And if you're coming I'll maybe bring my mermaid tail too.

I will be going to Detour on Saturday. I am currently in the process of sewing a new gown, but I'll have a casual Luna cosplay Definitely come up and say hi if you see me!

Yup, I have my Ardyn cosplay out on Saturday. I'll be looking for you!
    I'll also be running around in my Niflheim pants and Verstael Besithia cape when not in full cosplay.
    I also researched how deep the pool was at the hotel and it's pretty shallow and I don't want to risk scrapping my huge tail. So no tail this con BUT come summer lets all go swimming.

I'm definitely down to meet up! Y'all have a good time at the con! It's been years since I was up there for Detour!

Minnesota mer here too! We have a group on Facebook, and we usually try to swim up at great river waterpark every weekend

Got out and used my finfun monofin today. (Down in Mississippi)
    Cant wait for this summer, going to be a lot more fun with people to swim with!

What's the group called? I spend at least 5 months out of the year up by the twin cities.

Quote Originally Posted by MissLunaBelle View Post
    Minnesota mer here too! We have a group on Facebook, and we usually try to swim up at great river waterpark every weekend

I would also love to know the name of the group!

Got today off and thinking about going to Great River for the first time. Any other mers going to be there today?

I ended up going to check out Great River and thought it was a good place. The drive is about 30 minutes for me from Burnsville but's not a terrible commute. I really like that the pool is deep enough where I can stretch out vertically in the water and swish around. My lake where my cabin is at is shallow and the deeper areas would put me in the way of boat traffic. I'm trying to convince my mom go with me on Thursday (April 18th) to the water park since we both have the day off. If anyone else wants to, please feel free to join us.

I ended up going to check out Great River and thought it was a good place. The drive is about 30 minutes for me from Burnsville but's not a terrible commute. I really like that the pool is deep enough where I can stretch out vertically in the water and swish around. My lake where my cabin is at is shallow and the deeper areas would put me in the way of boat traffic. I'm trying to convince my mom go with me on Thursday (April 18th) to the water park since we both have the day off. If anyone else wants to, please feel free to join us.

I would be able to make it there on a weekend. Is it lap swimming, or more of an open swim?

I cannot wait to head back up to the Cities this summer. As much as I love the swimming pools down here in MS I definitely cant wait to get my tail wet in some fresh water!