Thread: Mermaids & Mermen Board Game, now on Kickstarter

Talking Mermaids & Mermen Board Game, now on Kickstarter

Today's the day! After a long time developing and prepping, we finally launched The Sound of Sirens on Kickstarter! [LINK]

Name:  box-art-01.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  103.9 KB

Nutshell explanation (make that 'sea shell'): try to be the most alluring siren and be the first to crash a ship onto the cliffs. But not all sailors are attracted to the same genre of music, so you'll have to be strategic and/or lucky singing Pop, Rock, Rap, or Ballad.

There's a discount if you order a copy in the first 48 hours, don't miss out!

As real mermaids and mermen, we really hope you'll like what we did. And it would mean the world to us if you decide to support the game.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kwilena's Avatar
    Add Kwilena on Google+
    Wow, that looks pretty swish! I'll check it out. It will be nice to have another mermaid game - I already have Mermaid Rain, and I'm liking what I'm seeing here so I'll grab the print and play and sea how it grabs me. Thanks! You have some nice comments on boardgamegeek too.

Add Kwilena on Google+
    Ouch, the shipping to Australia is quite expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by Merleece View Post
    Wow, that looks pretty swish! I'll check it out. It will be nice to have another mermaid game - I already have Mermaid Rain, and I'm liking what I'm seeing here so I'll grab the print and play and sea how it grabs me. Thanks! You have some nice comments on boardgamegeek too.
    Thank you so much! (we know the shipping to Australia is a bit of a bummer, sorry about that )

Add Kwilena on Google+
    It is the way of things unfortunately for us down under. Perhaps I can combine with some friends at my club with the bulk order, and share the shipping costs. (In one of my many other lives I am the Vice Chairperson for the West Australian Boardgaming Association).
    My husband is reeling from the puns, they're very well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Merleece View Post
    It is the way of things unfortunately for us down under. Perhaps I can combine with some friends at my club with the bulk order, and share the shipping costs. (In one of my many other lives I am the Vice Chairperson for the West Australian Boardgaming Association).
    My husband is reeling from the puns, they're very well done!
    Saw that you supported us either way, and we really appreciate it! Would be swell if you could find some friends and divvy up the cost that way (btw, you can keep adding copies to the group pledge + reach us via dm and we'll make sure we figure something out for you)

Add Kwilena on Google+
    Thanks, I really hope I get some takers.

We got funded! Enough people were enthusiastic enough to pledge (i.e. 'preorder') a copy for us to start production, hooray!

It doesn't end there, though, with 25 more days to go, we're hoping to unlock some stretch goals. For anyone unfamiliar with Kickstarter, these are 'upgrades' to the game (in quality of components and artwork) that we can only do when we have more budget to pay for it. In a nutshell, more preorders = better game, in our case: more sirens!

Check out our campaign if you haven't yet, and consider supporting us if you like what you see!

In the meantime,
    keep on swimming!

Add Kwilena on Google+
    I print and played! Myself and merhusband took it along to WABA and played it with a couple of people who liked it enough to play it twice in a row (that's quite rare for our group!) I really enjoyed it - I just hope I can get some other backers to buddy up with me so we can save on the postage.
    Well, I'm feeling pretty swish!

Quote Originally Posted by Kwilena View Post
    I print and played! Myself and merhusband took it along to WABA and played it with a couple of people who liked it enough to play it twice in a row (that's quite rare for our group!) I really enjoyed it - I just hope I can get some other backers to buddy up with me so we can save on the postage.
    Fantastic to hear you enjoyed it! (that is the most important thing after all) - Hope you can find some Aussie friends to save on shipping Down Under (it is a tricky destination from Belgium) - thx again! x