Thread: Crowdfunding a short film about a mermaid (fantasy/romance)

Follow Nicola R. White On Twitter Add Nicola R. White on Facebook

Crowdfunding a short film about a mermaid (fantasy/romance)

Hello! I am an author/filmmaker currently producing a short film about a Syrian refugee who falls in love with a mermaid. Welcome - Ahlan wa Sahlan is about Shadia, who is newly arrived to a small house on the coast of Nova Scotia with her aunt and uncle. When she finds a shell carefully placed on her dock one morning, she takes an interest in her new home for the first time. More gifts follow, and Shadia leaves her own in return. She is soon shocked to discover that her benefactor is a mermaid. Shock gives way to friendship, and friendship to something more as Shadia and the mermaid share wonders from their very different worlds.

The mermaid is being played by Raina Mermaid, a professional mermaid from my hometown of Halifax, NS. The film has been funded through a grant/training program and I am crowdfunding a bit more to contribute to costs. Please check it out if this is of interest. Shares and likes are a big help in spreading word of mouth! I am also happy to chat about the process of making the movie if anyone has questions.

https://kck.st/2IVPn0T

Hi! I would love to donate but I don't see it as a possibility/option when I went to your link. There's no "donate" button. Can you help me?

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    The funding period end on April 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseburgFlyer View Post
    Hi! I would love to donate but I don't see it as a possibility/option when I went to your link. There's no "donate" button. Can you help me?
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Follow Nicola R. White On Twitter Add Nicola R. White on Facebook
    Slim is correct that the funding period has ended, but your support is still very much appreciated! We have a Facebook page for the movie that you can like and follow to stay up-to-date with info about production, and we will post a link when the film is finished and available for viewing. https://www.facebook.com/welcomemermaidmovie