Hello! I am an author/filmmaker currently producing a short film about a Syrian refugee who falls in love with a mermaid. Welcome - Ahlan wa Sahlan is about Shadia, who is newly arrived to a small house on the coast of Nova Scotia with her aunt and uncle. When she finds a shell carefully placed on her dock one morning, she takes an interest in her new home for the first time. More gifts follow, and Shadia leaves her own in return. She is soon shocked to discover that her benefactor is a mermaid. Shock gives way to friendship, and friendship to something more as Shadia and the mermaid share wonders from their very different worlds.

The mermaid is being played by Raina Mermaid, a professional mermaid from my hometown of Halifax, NS. The film has been funded through a grant/training program and I am crowdfunding a bit more to contribute to costs. Please check it out if this is of interest. Shares and likes are a big help in spreading word of mouth! I am also happy to chat about the process of making the movie if anyone has questions.

https://kck.st/2IVPn0T