Thread: Modelling tips for on land and underwater

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Modelling tips for on land and underwater

Happy Mermaid Monday everyone! Today I am sharing tips for underwater modelling. Especially if you're someone who struggles to find that suspended sweet spot- because you sink or float! Lots of great tricks I have learned from mer-mazing photographers and models along the way.

I also have this video I created with tips for modelling on land:

And this video about how getting freediving certified can really help your modelling:

And here's me talking about one of my more difficult underwater modelling experiences

Here's some tips for beginners:

Watching your videos on tips for modeling was fun. For the past couple of years since getting my tail, I've been excited to see about opportunities for getting paid to perform as a merman. So, your video about the experience you had at one of the Dive Bars filled me in a little bit. I probably wouldn't qualify as I've never swum yet in the tail. Life's been getting in the way.

Please publish more videos about unique opportunities to be a professional mer besides the usual birthday parties and so forth.

What caught me by surprise was how blind a merman would be in a Dive Bar tank. Really? That sounds like a smart move to navigate with your arms ahead of you. I never would have expected that.

This is fantastic Raina I love watching your videos. I've got something to ask maybe a good possible video. So when we all start out mermaiding we will be able to hold our breaths to a certain degree and as time passes and your more experienced, holding your breath might be more extended than when you first started. I wamma know if you did anything to help you hold your breath longer, Andy exercises you did with lungs etc, timing yourself etc. Hope you know what I mean. This is how committed I am to mermaiding, I quit smoking nearly 2 weeks ago, just completely stopped cold Turkey, didnt wein myself off either just stopped. I need to improve my lung capacity for air lol xx

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I have some videos about breath training and freediving already up. I don't do tutorials because I am not a freediving instructor and it would be irresponsible, but I do share tips I learned.

That's Brill thanks. Im Starting mermaid this Saturday then after that I'm gonna start at the bottom with freediving and work my way up

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app