Thread: Painted Mahina with Snakeskyn

Painted Mahina with Snakeskyn

Snakeskyn is a colorless liquid that bonds to many materials and stays flexible. I tinted it white and gray with pigments and applied to to my cut down Mahina. It is peeling up on the tips but it exceeded my expectations. I prepped the surface with alternating sanding and applying naptha. The naptha takes away the sanded roughness so I ended up kind of sanding stripes so that the monofin alternated between good tooth and good receptive surface. Name:  Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 10.15.49 PM.png
Views: 345
Size:  374.9 KB

I've seen loads of people cutting their mahina, and they look lovely. Not sure to get the mahina next or the Luna

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    How much did you have to cut off for it to fit the Mertailor sling?

Quote Originally Posted by the.tattooed.mermaid78 View Post
    I've seen loads of people cutting their mahina, and they look lovely. Not sure to get the mahina next or the Luna

Thank you! With socks, I find it perfect. I am keeping an eye on Amazon so I can buy any that people return, which is how I got this one for $60. The $100 price point feels steep.

Trade Winds, I only cut off a little to make it technically fit (posted here) and the rest I cut off to get my desired shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Gail View Post
    Thank you! With socks, I find it perfect. I am keeping an eye on Amazon so I can buy any that people return, which is how I got this one for $60. The $100 price point feels steep.
    Really how do you find that on Amazon?

On the listing it says "Used & new (1) from $99.99" And if one has been returned there will be a used one so the price will be lower. Hopefully after summer as the Mahina is uncomfortable for a lot of people so it probably gets returned a lot.

Ah yes I forgot about that. Never even thought about that thanks lol. Mahina next for me then the Luna. I have the sweam hydra and Linden monifins