Thread: oh mermaiding, how i've missed you.

oh mermaiding, how i've missed you.

hello, everyone. my name is daniel. you may not know me, but i know you.

i first got into mermaiding when i was 11 years old. i made my first tail from scratch as soon as i realized it was possible! since then i've made 3 additional tails (one for myself and 2 for others) and come up with dozens of ideas for new designs. i've been reading threads on this forum for as long as i can remember. i used to post on here occasionally back in 2012, but if you knew me, it was by a different name.

you see, a few years ago, i realized i was a transgender guy. this kind of made my whole life turn upside down, and mermaiding unfortunately had to take a back seat while i figured myself out. my life path will likely include taking testosterone, which would change my body proportions dramatically. this meant my dream tail (a full sequin) would have to wait if i didn't want to grow right out of it! with that realization, i sort of gave up on tail making. i still have SO MANY tailmaking supplies gathering dust in my closet (including a massive fiberglass monofin and thousands of sequins!), but i didn't have any motivation to use them.

it's been a very long time since i last made a tail, let alone made one for myself, and i want to change that! i miss mermaiding, and i'm tired of missing out on this part of my life. the community has changed i lot since i left it, but i hope you'll have me back just the same. you guys have always been my family.

Welcome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sent from My Shell Phone Mermaid Auquita

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Welcome back to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kwilena's Avatar
    Add Kwilena on Google+
    G'day Daniel and welcome back! I reckon you'd rock a trident too!
    Well, I'm feeling pretty swish!

Member Euro Pod
    welcome back! : )

Hey welcome back. *tail flap*