Thread: Swimming out of my comfort zone

Swimming out of my comfort zone

I've only been mermaiding in the last few weeks, mermaid lessons are next month but at the pool today I dived under the water and rotated my body 180 degrees so I was facing the ceiling. Did this a couple times and loved it. I'll practice this more and try a 360. Well chuffed with myself lol

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kwilena's Avatar
    Add Kwilena on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by the.tattooed.mermaid78 View Post
    I've only been mermaiding in the last few weeks, mermaid lessons are next month but at the pool today I dived under the water and rotated my body 180 degrees so I was facing the ceiling. Did this a couple times and loved it. I'll practice this more and try a 360. Well chuffed with myself lol

Very nicely done! I've recently found that I'm quite comfortable swimming on my back underwater, so you could try giving that a go next.

If you exhale as you do your spin you can prevent water getting up your nose if that's a problem for you.
    Well, I'm feeling pretty swish!

Quote Originally Posted by Kwilena View Post
    Very nicely done! I've recently found that I'm quite comfortable swimming on my back underwater, so you could try giving that a go next.

If you exhale as you do your spin you can prevent water getting up your nose if that's a problem for you.
    Thanks. Lol it was on the first one but I have a nose clip now so I'm gonna use that.

I was trying to find out what it was called that I did. It was half a torpedo. Full one next time I'm at the pool lol

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kwilena's Avatar
    Add Kwilena on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by the.tattooed.mermaid78 View Post
    I was trying to find out what it was called that I did. It was half a torpedo. Full one next time I'm at the pool lol

Awesome!
    Well, I'm feeling pretty swish!