Thread: Hello

Hello

Hi everyone im an extremely new mermaid from Stone Mountain,Ga. I am open to any and all advice you guys can give me and I hope to make some friends as well,

Quote Originally Posted by the.tattooed.mermaid78 View Post
    Welcome genie

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    Thank you

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Welcome to the Mernetwork. What type of advice would you like?

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Welcome to the Mernetwork. What type of advice would you like?

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork
    Anything from learning to dive(dolphin kick), picking out the right monofin, the right tail, etc

Sent from Ciel Phantomhive

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    When it comes to dolphin kick, I'm still in the not as graceful as I want. I do recommend to look at Mermaid Courtney video on it: https://youtu.be/qdQ_wBni2L4
    Picking out the right tail and monofin is something you need to consider at the same time. The finis foil is imo the best to practice in (for both budget, power, mobility) but it sadly has a very non mermaid shape. And it doesn't work with the cheaper mermaid tails. The fact it's a rubber monofin fin means you don't have to worry about chlorine ruining it like neoprene monofin (here looking at you FinFun) the more you practice. Between Swimoutlet.com, Amazon.com, and ebay; you can sometimes find it on sale at $45 or lower. Once it comes to a tail, that the loaded question. Take your time with that. Go with the company that you like the monofin to. This is where I recommend to watch Nerdmaid Faith videos. Yes there are a lot of video but if your legs are going to be strapped into something, let it be something you love. There is a discord chat if you ever want to ask other people including I in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by Genie624 View Post
    Anything from learning to dive(dolphin kick), picking out the right monofin, the right tail, etc

When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    When it comes to dolphin kick, I'm still in the not as graceful as I want. I do recommend to look at Mermaid Courtney video on it: https://youtu.be/qdQ_wBni2L4
    Picking out the right tail and monofin is something you need to consider at the same time. The finis foil is imo the best to practice in (for both budget, power, mobility) but it sadly has a very non mermaid shape. And it doesn't work with the cheaper mermaid tails. The fact it's a rubber monofin fin means you don't have to worry about chlorine ruining it like neoprene monofin (here looking at you FinFun) the more you practice. Between Swimoutlet.com, Amazon.com, and ebay; you can sometimes find it on sale at $45 or lower. Once it comes to a tail, that the loaded question. Take your time with that. Go with the company that you like the monofin to. This is where I recommend to watch Nerdmaid Faith videos. Yes there are a lot of video but if your legs are going to be strapped into something, let it be something you love. There is a discord chat if you ever want to ask other people including I in real time.
    Thank you very much I have been looking into monofins and found a few I like and when itvinws to tails cheapest I have found are on FinFun,etsy,and another I can't remember