Thread: South Florida Mermaids? (Like... Everglades south)

Junior Member Pod of The South etidorpha's Avatar

South Florida Mermaids? (Like... Everglades south)

I’m new to this (I still don’t have a monofin but I’m working on it) and wanted to find a group of people to swim with (for friendship and safety). Are there any mermaid groups in South Florida?

So I already know about the Florida Springs Mermaids but their meetups are all in the Ocala forest and therefore approximately 4-5 hrs away making it really hard to do on a whim. (All of those springs are beautiful and I do hope to join you on occasion but I’m not driving up there to get enough practice to be able to not die in a monofin, cool? Cool.)

So I’m looking for some mers who meet further south in Florida. Literally anything that isn’t 200 miles away from Fort Lauderdale - I will even brave Miami traffic for this someone just please say there are other mers in the swamp.

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    I’m in Lakeland and there Lithia Spring near here. There also Wekiwa Spring near the turnpike in Orlando. Someone on the FSM group mentions this group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085...804/?ref=share

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    I’m willing to carpool with my friend about 1.5 hours south of Lakeland if someone can find a swimming spot (spring, beach, safe swimming river). Sarasota county has a salt water diving well. Because of personal reasons, I don’t trust anything in Sarasota county and will never go there.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Junior Member Pod of The South Nixie Noele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by etidorpha View Post
    I’m new to this (I still don’t have a monofin but I’m working on it) and wanted to find a group of people to swim with (for friendship and safety). Are there any mermaid groups in South Florida?

So I already know about the Florida Springs Mermaids but their meetups are all in the Ocala forest and therefore approximately 4-5 hrs away making it really hard to do on a whim. (All of those springs are beautiful and I do hope to join you on occasion but I’m not driving up there to get enough practice to be able to not die in a monofin, cool? Cool.)

So I’m looking for some mers who meet further south in Florida. Literally anything that isn’t 200 miles away from Fort Lauderdale - I will even brave Miami traffic for this someone just please say there are other mers in the swamp.
    Hi!

I'm based down in Boynton Beach (like 20min north of Deerfield), so I know the feeling when seeing all the springs meetups. I'm on the hunt for a place to go and people to swim with that isn't a 4hr drive. I've been swimming in the gym pool with my monofin to get practice, but it's no where near the depth for real mermaid training.
    I feel like we're limited to beaches, or pools down here. The first one isn't ideal for us 'in training' mers, and the pool gets boring! lol I've found a few nature centers that have parks, like Virginia Key, that have lagoons and such.
    Maybe a carpool Mer-Training Day up to the springs could happen in the future?

-K

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    I have loved the stars too fondly,
    To be fearful of the Night.