Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mer Gathering Summer 2012?

I live in Duluth, so I probably wouldn't be able to make it a one day event. I'd be using public transportation to get to you guys. The farthest I've been away from home on my own is Milwaukee. Is that decently close to a good place for a meet? Seems like its far enough south, but perhaps not enough east... Hm. I'm really not good at geography so I'm busy looking at maps of the US, trying to figure out a general idea of where you all are suggesting. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Alveric View Post
    Lake St. Marys in Ohio would be a good central location. I remember it had nice beaches, but it's been many years since last I visited. I only know about it since I was born there.
    That actually looks like an amazing place! Just looked them up online and I think that might be a really good place for a mer meet up.

WW I figure it out by going to google maps and putting in one destination and the others and seeing where it is in relationship to everything else.

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

Can't wait to hear what you guys put together <3

Oh, I hope this works out. Maybe I can convince my parents it's road trip time, lol.

I hope it does as well, though it's going to be a bit of a trick to find a place and time that everyone can make it to.

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    You might want to consider adding a survey to this thread to find out what dates and places are best for everyone. You can also post survey questions on the pod of the great lakes Facebook page to get info on who would be available.

Isn't it Cincinatti Ohio that's an hour plane ride for 2/3 of the USA or something? Maybe that would be a good place, or somewhere around there...

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Bellasea's Avatar
    I could do Lake St. Mary's. If I came down and stayed with family in Detroit; then made the drive. That way it is only three hours. From where I live it would be five hours, so that kinda drive would have to be a two day trip.

Quote Originally Posted by malinghi View Post
    You might want to consider adding a survey to this thread to find out what dates and places are best for everyone. You can also post survey questions on the pod of the great lakes Facebook page to get info on who would be available.
    That would be great. If anyone knows how to do it? (I don't)
    Tenacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarina Bellasea View Post
    I could do Lake St. Mary's. If I came down and stayed with family in Detroit; then made the drive. That way it is only three hours. From where I live it would be five hours, so that kinda drive would have to be a two day trip.

That would be great. If anyone knows how to do it? (I don't)
    I'm thinking two days would make it the most worth while for everyone involved.

I don't know how to add them to an existing thread either, though I will certainly be posting on the FB group (probably tomorrow).

I have to say in advance that the weekend of July 7th is out. That's the day our daughter's getting married. The weekend after, on the other hand, we'll be ready to get away for a while.
    Alveric

For my novel, The Accidental Mermaid, go to http://mermaidsofxanadu.com/
    Coming in 2014: ​Spindrift

I am open for any weekend up until Labor Day. (I don't have a facebook so I jsut put my date here )
    Tenacity.

Hey guys sorry I came into this convo a little late but I live in the Chicago area and there are tons of places to go here in the summer (saying this because I don't know how to get very many places still being in high school and my parents will most likely not want to drive any farther then south Michigan.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold,
    There is nothing that can console me but my jolly sailor bold.
    ~ETSY: Trove by the Sea~Google +~FACEBOOK~
    mermaidmarissa.studios@gmail.com

"Imagine a life of wonder"

I dont live in the great lake area or anything but im going to be there this summer and i would love to attend a get together...ill be there for the last two weeks of august.. it would be fun..would i be the youngest there? 14?!

"I dont live in the great lake area or anything but im going to be there this summer and i would love to attend a get together...ill be there for the last two weeks of august.. it would be fun..would i be the youngest there? 14?!"

If I could come, we'd be the same age, but I probably can't go very far, so I'm stuck in the Chicago area.

awesome to have another mer as young as me!!

Is this still a possibility?
    Alveric

Still a possibility, I just haven't had any time to more accurately put anything together. Or make any more posts concerning it.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid hannah View Post
    I dont live in the great lake area or anything but im going to be there this summer and i would love to attend a get together...ill be there for the last two weeks of august.. it would be fun..would i be the youngest there? 14?!
    I'm 14. I wish I could go, but I don't think I'll have a tail by the end of August xD
    Plus my mom would freak if I asked to go to some place she's never heard of to hang-out with people older than me who swim around in mermaid tails, cus my mom is just like that. WAH! I'm pretty much stuck in Chicago too.

To be fair to your mom; when my daughter was 14, I wouldn't have let her either. :-) Not unless I was there too!
    Alveric

So I can't make any meet-up b/c I will be working in Glen arbor (near sleeping bear dunes) every week this summer from thursday evening to monday morning.

on a side note: if anyone is going to be near sleeping bear and traverse city (sp?) this summer- I would be willing to hang.
    Tenacity.