Thread: Merrowfins Tail in Limbo and unable to contact

Merrowfins Tail in Limbo and unable to contact

So back in June 2017 I ordered a Merrowfins tail. I did get individual scales but told it should be done in a few months. More than a few months went by and it was still not done. Long story short....it’s almost 2 years later and it’s still not done. He did redo his scales and upgraded my scales (supposedly, however I have not seen one picture since he claimed he started it back in 2017).

November 2018 I was told it just needed to be sealed and he was waiting on the supplies. I have tried multiple times to get information from him on when it might be done, have asked for pictures but never get anything back. I’ve tried to be patient and understanding with issues that have come up but the lack of communication and ability to get in touch has gotten ridiculous and is extremely disappointing and frustrating.

I have paid him in full, $2,300 but it’s long past the PayPal time period to make a claim. Not sure of my options or I’m just out the money and tail. Any help in reaching him or suggestions on what to do I would appreciate it so very much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omg that's a really tricky one. I'm so sorry this happened to you. I bet your totally beside yourself and really ticked off. I'm not sure what to suggest but me being me I'd be skating him all over social media etc, I would probably even go as far as finding out where her lives and paying him a visit. $2300 is a lot of money and I wouldn't let that go without a fight. Good luck

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the.tattooed.mermaid78 View Post
    Omg that's a really tricky one. I'm so sorry this happened to you. I bet your totally beside yourself and really ticked off. I'm not sure what to suggest but me being me I'd be skating him all over social media etc, I would probably even go as far as finding out where her lives and paying him a visit. $2300 is a lot of money and I wouldn't let that go without a fight. Good luck

I would actually advise not going to that extent of locating him. He would only lie in person and nothing gets fix. All she really can do is keep messaging him. I hope she eventually gets her tail. I doubt he’ll pocket the money and disappear off the net like Nim did for what it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

I didnt say she should do that, I'm just merely stating that me being me I would do that. It's a lot of money too loose and someone not doing what they are supposed to be doing i.e sending updates and pictures etc on the work or just having the decency in acknowledging her messages is below the belt and hes taking the mick.

I didnt say she should do that, I'm just merely stating that me being me I would do that. It's a lot of money too loose and someone not doing what they are supposed to be doing i.e sending updates and pictures etc on the work or just having the decency in acknowledging her messages is below the belt and hes taking the mick.

I know what you meant. I’m just being cautious about it but he will take things out of context.

Survivor of cyberbullies

Yeah we sometimes do lol

He takes it to the extreme. I never talked to him on social media and he already has an opinion of me. I’m confident I never seen him in person either.

Survivor of cyberbullies

Who is he I'm gonna have a look. I wont say anything as it's not my place I'm just curious to see who he is

Actually you should still be able to make a claim with Paypal for Undelivered goods still. I would contact their help line directly, talk to an actual person and have a claim filed. What will happen is they will message him about a claim for re-fundment or delivering the item within a time period. He would then have to contact you to discuss either a refund or delivery of the item. You would then contact paypal with the results so that they can close the case. You could take him to court as well for fraud as he has taken your money, it is past the amount of time dedicated on his page for how long a tail should take, has ignored your messages and has not delivered what you payed for. It would be a small claims law suit.

Another option is to blast him on social media. Every post that he makes about a new tail make a post about how your's is not finished. Create a public post with you evidence that you ordered a tail, have received no photo updates and have been ignored. This means taking screen shots for messages between you and the company. This will make a lot of public drama so unless your ready for the backlash from those that are loyal to him I would suggest staying away from this option. You'll have a lot of support from the community yes, as we hate seeing other mer's being taken advantage of, but there will be some really loud cruel people. If you can ignore those type of people then this option might be your best route as it will force him to publicly handle the problem if he wants to save face in the community that he is making a product for.

His name is Matthew Ryan Christopher Quijano. Beware! I too had an awful, nightmare-ish experience with his company, MerrowFins.

Who is he I'm gonna have a look. I wont say anything as it's not my place I'm just curious to see who he is

Last edited by Jurassic Merman; 04-15-2019 at 08:41 PM.
    "Swim this way, we'll dance and we'll play!"

Found him and had a look. I'm absolutely fuming for you hun. Let.me slate him for you hahah xx

My Merrowfins Tail Experience

That's a sad experience. I hope things turn around. There seem so few customers of Merrowfins, I felt you'd benefit from my experience. In November 2015, I ordered my tail. It did come, within a year, I think, but he goofed on one key detail. It was difficult getting a hold of him for me, too. The botched detail was so simple and I specified a few times. It was a sculptured hole on the belly side, but he put it on the back. He offered to fix the detail, but transport would cost me money, I figured, so I've not sent it to him yet.

I finally got a video of my tail and it looks gorgeous! And hopefully it will get to me in the next couple weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omg I'm ecstatic for you hun..I hope it come quick and is up to expectation. You'll have to show us pictures x

Senior Member Pod of Cali Prince Calypso's Avatar
    I'm so sorry to hear this. as someone who has also had a bad experience with him i understand your anger and frustration. I say keep messaging him, bombard him with messages, his Instagram both personal and business, his Facebook, his tumblr, hell even his YouTube. make a ruckus until he notices. also i think you can make a claim with paypal for undelivered goods
    I had to send back a tail for him to fix and I specifically asked to be kept abreast of everything and updated as the process went along as to avoid any more slip ups. have yet to receive anything and it is getting tot he point that I am close to demanding a refund
    Little Sailor, Little fool, your better heed the golden rule
    do unto other just as you, would like to to have them do to you
    you think you can just walk away,but no, it doesn't work that way
    see once your mine, your'll always be
    I never give anything for free...