Thread: Mahina ordered

Mahina ordered

Im so excited to get the mahina next week. Mermaiding has given me something to look forward to all the time. I used to just be in the house a lot of the time and never wanted to go out unless I absolutely had to. I was turning into a shell of my former self. Now I go to the pool 4 times a week and I've got the fight to challenge the tail ban in the local pools. I love the mer-community Name:  20190410_075832.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  42.1 KB

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kwilena's Avatar
    Add Kwilena on Google+
    Awesome to hear!
    Well, I'm feeling pretty swish!

YAY! I hope you love it as much as I love mine! You'll have to do a small review and tell us how it works for you.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kwilena's Avatar
    Add Kwilena on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by the.tattooed.mermaid78 View Post
    I cant wait to use it. Soooooo freaking excited is not the word lol

Alert! Alert! I couldn't wait to use mine either and forwent the neoprene socks. Mahina blisters yow! Don't do this!
    Well, I'm feeling pretty swish!

Yes! Wearing socks with the Mahina is a must!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Yes the socks are a must. I used 3mm Seavenger neoprene socks and still had issues. It was my first fin a long time ago, 2015 maybe? I wish I had done more looking before I got it. Oh well. Its sold now

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Avalynn View Post
    Yes! Wearing socks with the Mahina is a must!
    One word of caution; if your feet have high arches, socks won't help much.
    Thick socks might even be MORE uncomfortable!

I'm using thinner socks, which help prevent toe blistering, but not that thick to hurt my arches even more.
    Another possibility is trimming the top of the footpocket for all dancers or athletes who have that problem.

Personally, while I love the Mahina's look and propulsion, its semblance to a medieval torture device comfort-wise has made me use it very little.

Are you ok if your flat footed? I've got flat feet. Until I swim in it I'll not know if it hurts in a specific place or not. The tops of my feet may when I tried it on with my socks

The Mahina fits very well for me, except for the tops of my feet. Which is why I had my husband stretch the entrance foot pockets with a heat gun and a can of can of corn stuffed in as far as it could go inside. Worked very well.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    The Mahina fits very well for me, except for the tops of my feet. Which is why I had my husband stretch the entrance foot pockets with a heat gun and a can of can of corn stuffed in as far as it could go inside. Worked very well.
    Where on top does it hurt? On my left foot, the Mahina put pressure on a spot behind my big toe. It hurt even with socks. My Fantasea does this too so it is definitely a 'me' problem.

Yeah sounds like you need to get it checked out cos I wouldn't have thought a pure silicone one would do that

On the area right near the entrance to the foot pockets. For me at least. I don't have any difficulty in the toe area.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    On the area right near the entrance to the foot pockets. For me at least. I don't have any difficulty in the toe area.
    same.
    The fin appears to be meant for really flat feet.

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    I tried the Mahina from a friend. I love the power that it has, but my feet hate the foot pockets
    Your imagination is your only limit