Thread: Buying Used Tail; Measurement Differences?

Question Buying Used Tail; Measurement Differences?

Hello! Hoping this is the right forum for this question.

So I have the opportunity to purchase a gorgeous & very lightly used silicone tail but I am hesitating because there are a few differences between my measurements and the tail's.

The tail's "waist" should fit me well and it should fit all of my leg measurements just fine. The difference is really around my hips and butt.

Where the "butt" of the tail would hit me, it is 8 inches larger than my measurements, and where the "hips" of the tail would hit me, there is a 6 inch larger difference.

Is this too much? Will it look awkward? Or would it be fine since the waist and everything else will fit almost perfectly?
    Last edited by SteelCitySiren; 04-17-2019 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Specifying Silicone; larger

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    What's the material?

Silicone! Sorry I thought I had specified that

Am I correct in thinking that that is too much of a butt/hip gap even with the waist fitting near perfectly? Would it make swimming impossible? Or would it actually be fine?

I need responses asap while the tail is still available.

Visit Mermaid_Mari's Youtube Channel
    8 inches is a big difference
    If it does fit it’d be damn hard to get on. I’ve had a tail that was only an inch or two too little and it is just uncomfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@MaritzaMermaid on Instagram

No the tail is 6-8 inches larger than my measurements

Visit Mermaid_Mari's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCitySiren View Post
    No the tail is 6-8 inches larger than my measurements
    Oh sorry I must have misread, larger tails can be an issue with drag and wrinkles but are generally easier to manage than a smaller tail
    there are also some tail makers that will offer a resizing service so they can take the tail in for your if you don’t like the way it fits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@MaritzaMermaid on Instagram

Oh no you didn’t! I realized I didn’t actually say it was larger, just that there was a difference. (I’ve edited the original post)

Thanks for responding! Definitely helps out and gives me something to consider!