ABOUT FISH BUTTS<" /> Fish Butts - Page 2
Fish Butts

Manufacturer: Fish Butts

ABOUT FISH BUTTS:
Originally known as Mermaid Parties, Fish Butts was founded in early 2012. The company operates out of Colorado, and offers fabric tails and latex tails. Their tails feature a custom monofin made of polycarbonate.

fish-butts.com
facebook page

⚠ADVISORY ON COMPANY FISH BUTTS! IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ!⚠

RULES FOR REVIEWS:

1. Do not post a review until after you have received you tail, and used it at least once.
Otherwise it can not be a true review of the product. If you wish to complain about delays or poor customer service, or post a review after unboxing but before first use, please discuss that in a forum thread.

2. You must provide proof of purchase.
Due to abuse of the system, you MUST provide proof of purchase within your review. This can be a photo of you in your tail, or a photo of your tail with a piece of paper with "MerNetwork.com" written on it, placed on or near your tail so it can be clearly seen in the photo. This photo can be embedded (see instructions on how to do so below), or the photo can be linked to via url or hyperlink in the review. If you do not include this, your review will not be approved.
If you are having trouble inserting photos, please see THIS THREAD for a tutorial on how to do so.

3. Be respectful and objective.
If you have anything negative to say, please refrain from personal attacks on the tailmaker.

4. Share useful information.
Discuss the item's color, texture, weight, quality and shipping condition. You also may wish to describe the tailmaker's customer service and delivery time. Describe how it worked in the water, the process of getting it on and off, and other useful information.

5. Be truthful to the best of your ability.
Deliberately false or misleading information in reviews will not be tolerated.

Be aware that approval of reviews is at the Admin's discretion. If we have reason to believe a review is falsified, we will remove it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fish Butts

2 out of 5 rating for Fish Butts

Okay so here we go, After waiting about 5- 5 ½ months I got a Full Silicone tail from Fishbutts, It was ordered in a metallic turquoise and black color. However, the final photo revealed it to be the chosen color. But when I received the tail it was actually a shade of a powdery/periwinkle blue color which reveals the monofin slightly while in water (it’s a tinted color not painted over the tail.).. I received the tail about an about two hours before a party, so I looked it over. It weighs about 28-30 lbs. which was expected.

The Body: Inside is made of a Neoprene mesh fabric. The scales are nice and uniform, but there were some places where it was a bit thin so I filled those open spaces with sil poxy. The tail was quite high; that I’m pretty sure was an issue on my part because I didn’t take into account the length with the competitor monofin. So when I put it on it reached my um “Seashells”. In which I had to cut down a bit which was highly nerve wrecking cause of where my dorsal fin was set at.

Dorsal and heel fins: are well connected,
    Seams: The seams on my tail are a bit bulky on one side, which has quite a lot of silicone on it. But the other side is perfect.

The Fluke: The biggest thing I didn’t know was the competitor’s monofin spacing if about a half inch to an inch wider than I expected the ankle area is a bit tight. Now the fluke isn’t sealed at all, it has some holes for water to escape through which in turn makes the fluke super heavy when filled with water which can be a concern considering I’m pushing myself hard to swim which in turn bring the dreaded leg cramp. I’ve spoken to other Mers who have this competitor fin and it’s either sealed completely or watertight. So most likely I will have to seal the tail completely.

Overall: Don’t get me wrong I do understand that not everything that is handmade is 100% perfect, but the fact that I have to do quite a bit of sealing etc. on the tail, it turns out to be more of an out of pocket expense, than expected.

Photos:

Photo sent to me:
    http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/4527/pxhz.jpg

And the actual tail: http://imageshack.us/a/img198/5937/y8p2.jpg
    Last edited by NewYorkMermaid; 11-22-2015 at 08:13 PM.

1 out of 5 rating for Fish Butts

I had ordered a tail in April 2013 - I paid for it when ordered - sent emails inquiring about order and only got automated response.
    It is now August 29, 2013 - the websie is down - paypal will not help - and no contact information is available. Would like to hear from someone if they have any suggestions. I did contact Credit Card company and they are looking into matter. Further I contacted the Police and started a fraud complaint.