Thread: New mermaid from New York!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New mermaid from New York!

Hi guys!! I've never used a forum before so bear with me if I make a mistake lol

I'm new to mermaiding and I really want to make some friends that are too! I'm 19 and live on Long Island and go to school in NYC. I've been obsessed with mermaids ever since I was a kid, and actually got my first tail when I was 12. I stopped using it a few years later because I felt like I was too old for it, but I'm looking to change that. I never really knew it was such a widespread thing until today when I fell down a mermaid rabbit hole on instagram. Having a bunch of mer friends to swim with and do photoshoots together would be a dream come true~

Outside of mermaid stuff I'm really into bands like fall out boy, waterparks, rhcp, etc and my favorite show is brooklyn nine nine! I'm also really into psychology, art, and social justice.

So yeah hmu if you're in the area!

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Welcome to the Mernetwork

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Welcome to the Mernetwork

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork
    Thank you

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by OrcaMatt View Post
    Hey, welcome! I'm in CT
    Thanks

Where on long island? Im totally new to this mermaid stuff.

Yay another new NYC mermaid. Welcome down the mermaid rabbit hole lol. I also recently started mermaiding as well. I haven't been to any of the mermaid meets here yet I know the big one is June 22 at the mermaid parade. If you can you should totally come. It would help to meet our local mermaids and get to know them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Koralline View Post
    Yay another new NYC mermaid. Welcome down the mermaid rabbit hole lol. I also recently started mermaiding as well. I haven't been to any of the mermaid meets here yet I know the big one is June 22 at the mermaid parade. If you can you should totally come. It would help to meet our local mermaids and get to know them.

I've actually been thinking about going but I'm not sure yet! I guess I'm just nervous because I don't know anyone going and I don't know what to expect lol. Plus I don't have a mermaid tail atm and idk if it would be weird to go without one.

Quote Originally Posted by pavlove View Post
    I've actually been thinking about going but I'm not sure yet! I guess I'm just nervous because I don't know anyone going and I don't know what to expect lol. Plus I don't have a mermaid tail atm and idk if it would be weird to go without one.

No friends who can tag along with you? I haven't met any NYC mers yet either we're in the same boat lol. Tail or no tail is fine plus you can see different tails up close and decide which is best for you.