Thread: Hi im Aquariuz!

Add Aquariuz on Facebook Add Aquariuz on Google+

Hi im Aquariuz!

Hello Mer Network! Omgosh, i cant believe i let so much time go by before joining the network! My name is Trinity, and i am the owner of Aquariuz, a custom fabric tails shop. I specialize in realistic flukes, fins, and excellent fit. I have been a seamstress and designer for 25 years, so when my friend Tami introduced me to mermaiding 6 years ago, i immediately changed course with my business and focused primarily on fabric tails and mermaid inspired clothing design. I also own an arsenal of very heavy duty machines which has made it possible to create my own rigid plastic monofins which work really well! It has definitely been an adventure since i became a full fledged mermaid and tailmaker!
    Im happy to see, just by browsing through some of the forums, that there are some real questions, and real answers being discussed here, and that there truly is more to the community than just the glamorous IG photo shots. Anyways, im happy to be here, and look forward to meeting new friends! I have also recently moved my business (and my home) to Santa Rosa, ca., so give me a shout if youre in the area!!
    Best,
    Trinity

Welcome Trinity always nice to have more tail makers, have you got a website or like a port folio of your work please? I'm fairly new to mermaiding and have just started mermaid swimming lessons so haven't got a tail yet lol

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Oh sure, heres a link to my shop:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Aquariuz?r...platform-mcnav

I never took lessons, but when i look back on some of my first swims, i probably should have! The part i struggle with these days, actually, is holding my breath under water long enough to get a good lap in while swimming in my tail! I dont last too long, and wonder how some mers can take these beautiful long extended swimming footage??!! Gills i guess, lol.
    oh, im also on IG @aquariuzdesigns

Brill I'll have a look. I'm having a problem with buoyancy lol. One side of my body is more buoyant than the other which makes the swimming on my back and sides hard, not that I'll ne doing much after these lessons lol.

Ibe had a look at your Etsy shop and theres some gorgeous tails. I wanted to ask reg the monofin you have in them. Could you say make the tails to fit say a Mahina monofin or a Linden etc?

I could if i had the exact measurements, or, more ideally, a tracing of the monofin shape. I learned pretty quickly into the tailmaking process that i needed to start making my own monofins for several reasons: One, because i realized right off how flimsy the ‘affordable’ monofins are, and really, mostly powerless, and, secondly, because i knew most of the shapes out there were not sufficiently big or beautiful enough to accomodate the shapes and styles of flukes i was/am making....this was before the current mahina design. To be honest, i think the new mahinas are one of the only truly attractive monofin shapes out there, though the new mertailor ones are also attractive. I have not tried either, so i cannot vouch for their efficiency. Some others like finis work well, but sheesh, the shape, is hard to work around. Anyways, yes, i can customize around your mahina. I definitely recommend having a monofin that fully fills out your fluke, im not sure everyone realizes how much drag comes from having excess fluke fabric that isnt filled out by your monofin...but anyways, thats a different discussion, im rambling. Im so happy to have a place to talk about this stuff, lol.

I'm sure I can speak for a lot of people here if not everyone that we're glad to have you x