Thread: I’m having trouble with SwimTails company....

I’m having trouble with SwimTails company....

I ordered a tail from them in October, found out the ordered was cancelled in December and promptly asked for a refund(politely of course) I always have trouble holding email conversations with the company and I tried again today, they emailed me back saying the refund was processed and included a photo of their website saying it was processed, I have since sent back photos of my card receipts showing that I had not been reembursed at any point, I’m hopeful that they will help me solve this problem but this has been going on for awhile so I’m not sure, any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Have you contacted the bank or your card company to discuss this?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    swimtails is known for this behaviour, they have a terrible BBB rating post this in some FB groups!

I thinks it's time they called it a day maybe. After all this time and they still cant get it together and the crap customer services. Enough is enough

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

It’s just a full out battle at this point, I just want the money back so I can put it to a spare air tank and some other diving gear

I would even put it towards a new tail I’m just so bothered by this

Quote Originally Posted by the.tattooed.mermaid78 View Post
    I thinks it's time they called it a day maybe. After all this time and they still cant get it together and the crap customer services. Enough is enough

It's so weird, every time they come up on Facebook, people come out of the woodwork to say, "but like 9 out of 10 people got tails or refunds".

Like, okay, but that's still unacceptable.

Warning people off is kind of the responsible community thing to do at this point, which sucks.

I know they have absolutely gorgeous tail skins too and theres a few I live but if you cant pay PayPal I wont do it, and i can see now why they dont have that payment method in use cos they cant give out the refunds as it is. I've got a bad feeling they dont have the money to give everyone back xx

Start the process through your bank, PayPal, however you paid, to get refunded. I'm fairly sure if you paid through PayPal, it will be quick since they've had dealings with SwimTails before.

Maybe everyone who is having issues with them should get together and do a lawsuit for the total sum of the tails/merch. At least them they might be forced to shut down.

I wish you luck.
    Even as it is written, "She had her dwelling in the great sea -- and was a fish therein."
    Xena: Warrior Princess
    Ep. 3.12 The Bittersuite

Junior Member Pod of Oceania Naiadele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessKayla View Post
    It’s just a full out battle at this point, I just want the money back so I can put it to a spare air tank and some other diving gear

I was in exactly your shoes, don’t even bother dealing with SwimTails they are all talk. Go to your bank and get them to do a chargeback on your card. I was backward and forward with Ryan for months telling me he was looking into it, and then he included me in emails with his merchant processor Stripe and they were no help. They just tried to pretend that it had been refunded and it was my bank at fault for not getting it to me, which is ridiculous the problem is clearly with them! Even though the timeframe has passed for a chargeback you should still be able to do it by showing email correspondence as proof that it’s ongoing.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

Thank you