Thread: Seamaid Design

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel

Seamaid Design

Just came across these whilst watching Youtube.

Seamaid Design, anyone heard of them?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC12...5bIQo71cyDhGLg

https://seamaiddesign.com/
    Last edited by Mermaid Jaffa; 05-01-2019 at 10:14 PM.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Wow, haven't seen this one before. Those flukes are absolutely enormous. Something about the website makes me feel like for the creator, English is not their first language. The "Shopping or above $400 free" on the top could just be a typo easily, but some of the long-winded run on sentences in item descriptions look like an Aliexpress grab for keywords too haha. Very curious what monofin is on the inside too, or if it even comes with one.

Thoes flies are way too big for my liking, think some are just a bit silly but some lovely designs

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

from the site or the whois I cannot get anything out but from the product photos you can guess that it is an Asian vendor.
    If you follow the Facebook link, you will find out that it is in Guangzhou (China) as stated under "lives in".

The heel/ankles on some of the tails, look narrow enough to be a Mahina merfin. If it were the Fin Fun type of monofin, they wouldn't be able to get far like in the swimming videos.

Costumer here. Just by looking at these, the fabric looks very loose and doesn't seem safe to swim in. The way the fabric is wrinkles, it looks very thin. I'm going to agree with MerEmma here and say, it looks like a Aliexpress word grab. I watched their youtube promo video and it doesn't show any extended swimming footage which a bit worrying.
    "Beware, Beware the Daughter of the Sea. Beware... Beware of ...Me"

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale View Post
    Costumer here. Just by looking at these, the fabric looks very loose and doesn't seem safe to swim in. The way the fabric is wrinkles, it looks very thin. I'm going to agree with MerEmma here and say, it looks like a Aliexpress word grab. I watched their youtube promo video and it doesn't show any extended swimming footage which a bit worrying.
    There are videos for each of their tails. You have to view each tail, and at the bottom is a video of the tail.

Here's an example. In some scenes, you can definitely see a Mahina Merfin.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KkxsiAeZEU

Ah ok, yeah I didn't go through each tail and watch the video. I'm still curious about the fabric though, it looks thin. If Seamaid can make some longer videos of their products and get some detailed reviews I'd be interested to see where it take them.
    "Beware, Beware the Daughter of the Sea. Beware... Beware of ...Me"

I did some looking and found some reviews on Amazon. They are in China, All the reviews agree that the fabric is VERY thin and as a dry land costume they are ok, but they would not trust them in the water. Also the tops and suit bottoms are a mess (poorly made and sizing issues). Some mono fins I saw listed with the child tails were cheep Wal-mat ones that I see in there every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermoviemedic View Post
    I did some looking and found some reviews on Amazon. They are in China, All the reviews agree that the fabric is VERY thin and as a dry land costume they are ok, but they would not trust them in the water. Also the tops and suit bottoms are a mess (poorly made and sizing issues). Some mono fins I saw listed with the child tails were cheep Wal-mat ones that I see in there every year.
    Oh. What about the adult tails? Were the reviews good? They do look kinda pretty though.

Honestly Jaffa, When I saw what I did on the reviews I stopped looking. Any company that would list a childs tail as "swimmable" and the parents are posting the pics and fabric reviews I saw. (combined with the other concerns listed by the others).The angles in the video footage, and other video tricks they used, That is plenty of red flags for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermoviemedic View Post
    Honestly Jaffa, When I saw what I did on the reviews I stopped looking. Any company that would list a childs tail as "swimmable" and the parents are posting the pics and fabric reviews I saw. (combined with the other concerns listed by the others).The angles in the video footage, and other video tricks they used, That is plenty of red flags for me.
    Are you sure you're looking at the right company?

On their official website, there are no children modelling the tails, only adults.

In this video, you can see a mermaid wearing one of the adult tails. It does look nice though.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcXa...DDJC6h&index=1
    Last edited by Mermaid Jaffa; 05-04-2019 at 10:28 PM.

I wish we had a pool like THAT here to swm in :big sigh:

ok now that I'm not on set (and have to keep turning the ipad on and off). I did look closer at what I found, It is 3 years old so it might be a different company (same name but no logo) that shut it's doors (can't find on them after 2016) or the company went through a major change. The video footage I'm looking at is what you provided the link for. (1st post) They may have been trying for artsy (reverse motion, limited lighting, angles), but the limited time limit and limited views showing the tail in action ontop of the keyword grab. Makes me personally not willing to risk the $$$ (If you do would love to hear what you think of it) The plus side they do take Paypal (not prime) down side they ship from China. So could be awhile before you get it. (Don't know about you but Customs always seems to hold stuff I order up no matter what it is ).
    Last edited by Mermoviemedic; 05-05-2019 at 11:40 AM.