Thread: Central NY Tail Friendly?

Central NY Tail Friendly?

Any places in central New York that allow swimming with tails? I’m eager to do this. It’ll be my first time.

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    I grew up in Syracuse and am back there fairly frequently but haven't gone swimming in a tail yet (at least, anywhere with public access.) You'd probably have pretty good luck at the Ontario beaches. B'ville HS used to have public swim hours in their indoor pool; you could probably check with them. When I used to swim there we'd just grab flippers off the pool deck from the flipper pile, kids would splash around, it seemed pretty lax. Lifeguards definitely didn't give any shits. It was like, two dollars cash at the door or something.

I'm hoping to go swimming up at Green Lakes this summer; I'll let you know how that goes.

Cool. Please do. I'll figure some way of asking Ontario Beach without embarrassing myself. Then again, I'd be in a public beach, so if I'm embarrassed asking on the phone

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    After you make a bunch of the same kind of call, it stops being embarrassing haha.

Do you have any friends with a pool or lake access?

There are a couple of creeks that you could probably get in but I'd be careful with that, always go with a buddy, etc. I remember seeing a nice creek in a park in Camillus that had a lovely waterfall; not great for swimming but great for pictures (I remember it being very shallow.) I'd just stay out of the rivers - the last thing I want to see on the news is a mer drowning in the Seneca!

No. No. I love starting a record, but not be known for drowning. LOL. I don't have any friends with a pool that I know of. Onondaga Lake is great for size, but eehhcckkk.