Thread: Mahina modifications

Mahina modifications

Ok guys so I got the orange mahina which is UK 6.5 to 8.5 and I'm a foot UK 7. Mahina owners what have you done to make your mahina fit better? I have flat feet which is apparently better for fitting in it but it still feels a wee bit tight width wise and I dont have massively wide feet and right at the top of the bridge of me foot. Photos of what ya'll have dome would be great too. Thanks

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Cut the toe holes to make it fit better. It was still uncomfortable so i ended up buying the next size up and wore it with 3mm neoprene socks.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Luckily I bought through Ebay and I've just seen if I could start the process of returning it and luckily I can few lol. I havent got the original box so gomma buy the large off the same seller as the other one and send the medium back in the box. Relief cos i do love the mahina

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Lesson learnt.

If in doubt, get the next size up and wear thick socks with it.
    Formerly known as ireneho

I shoved some cans of beans in the foot pockets and heated with my hairdryer to give it some stretch and make it dig in less on the tops of my feet. After a day I removed the cans and it gave it just enough give to get my feet in easier. Repeat as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dunno what to do. What if I do this with the foot pockets and it still doesn't work. I luckily have the chance to send it back and get the bigger size and I've got 3mm thick neoprene boots. Decisions lol

Quote Originally Posted by the.tattooed.mermaid78 View Post
    I dunno what to do. What if I do this with the foot pockets and it still doesn't work. I luckily have the chance to send it back and get the bigger size and I've got 3mm thick neoprene boots. Decisions lol

If it’s an option for you to send it back for another size I would do that. I have the biggest size and had to find a way to modify it to make it work. Just so u know, you cannot tell I did the can thing from looking at my mahina - it just made it so it was easier to get my big feet into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a medium and I'm thinking about getting a large. I modified it by cutting some of the areas that were digging into my feet, but still every time I wear it, even with socks, I get blisters on the sides of my heels VERY quickly. My neoprene socks are too thick to fit in the medium. It's a wonderful monofin if you can get it to be comfortable.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Yeah gonna order the large tomorrow from the same seller on Ebay, I've started the process of sending the medium back just need the box off the large cos I binned the other one lol