Thread: Advice for Finding a place to swim as a Merman

Advice for Finding a place to swim as a Merman

So I'm a middle-school merman and I can't really find a place to swim. I don't want to go to public pools because of all the people and I might get noticed by my friends. I really want to swim alone in my mermaid tail. My mom's friend has a pool that I could use, but I'm kind of nervous telling them that I want to use a mermaid tail. Can someone please help me find a good place for a merman and if I have to use a public pool, could you please tell me a good time where no one is at the pool?

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman Eric View Post
    My mom's friend has a pool that I could use
    sounds perfect. Good opportunity to work on that nervousness too, you will have to overcome it anyway if you ever want to tailswim.

alternatively, if you have some money to spare, you can try hotel pools. Those usually don't have many people in it, and most probably none of your schoolmates.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    Recommendation: Say merman tail. Also, try just the monofin, without the skin. That might be a good step to dealing with nervousness.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    sounds perfect. Good opportunity to work on that nervousness too, you will have to overcome it anyway if you ever want to tailswim.

alternatively, if you have some money to spare, you can try hotel pools. Those usually don't have many people in it, and most probably none of your schoolmates.
    Thanks for the tips! I'm planning on going to my mom's friend pool for the summer and thankfully their children are younger than me so it won't feel as weird. I'll finally be able to actually swim in my tail for the first time! Thanks!