Thread: Fin Fun Sizing (US)

Fin Fun Sizing (US)

Hi everyone! I’m looking at purchasing my first tail and had some questions about sizing. I usually wear a 14/16 in bottoms (I’m right in the middle where 14 is a little snug and 16 is a little big), which puts me right between sizes according to their website. Should I get the large (12 - 14) or size up to the XL (16 - 18)?

Also if anyone can recommend a monofin that will work well with this I would appreciate it. I am a size 9/9.5 and usually have to wear wide shoes.

I was looking to get the advanced monofin pro from them since from what I’ve read their monofins are good for beginners. I’m mostly just worried about spending money and ending up with something too small.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Adaleenx3 View Post
    Hi everyone! I’m looking at purchasing my first tail and had some questions about sizing. I usually wear a 14/16 in bottoms (I’m right in the middle where 14 is a little snug and 16 is a little big), which puts me right between sizes according to their website. Should I get the large (12 - 14) or size up to the XL (16 - 18)?

Also if anyone can recommend a monofin that will work well with this I would appreciate it. I am a size 9/9.5 and usually have to wear wide shoes.

I was looking to get the advanced monofin pro from them since from what I’ve read their monofins are good for beginners. I’m mostly just worried about spending money and ending up with something too small.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app
    I would suggest that you measure with a tape measure and go with that (on their chart). with the fin, I would suggest you call their customer service first (which is great) I know someone who is shoe size 10, but she had a bit of a struggle to get past the holes to put her feet in (it is easier when she does it in the water). over time they did strech a little so she does not have to fight it anymore. The foot part is a pocket not a shoe so it streches comfortably to the foot. she borrowed a mono fin pro to compare the 2 (advanced pro and the regular pro ) and did have an easier time getting into the regular pro but liked the advanced fin better. So she used it. Hope this helps.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid_Rain's Avatar
    Add Mermaid_Rain on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid_Rain's Youtube Channel
    I wear a 9 1/2 and the AMP fits me just fine. I had to pop a couple of stitches when I first got it, but after that I've had no problems at all.

Which tail. are you looking at? I just ordered another one to play in, the Malaysian Mist Mermaid Tail (I don't use my silicone or hybrid one in the pool at my in-laws when I am with my nieces or nephews). I got them their own 1st tails from Finfun for the holidays and they shoot around like a school of minnows.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Its better to size up. That way you can easily alter it to fit you properly.
    Formerly known as ireneho