Thread: Any mermaids near long island / NYC?

Any mermaids near long island / NYC?

Just tryna find other mers near me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also if anyone knows any tail-friendly places to swim in the area it would be super helpful! My local pools get wayyy too crowded for it

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    There are a bunch of us floating around the greater NYC area You should come out to the Mermaid Parade at Coney Island, that's where we all kind of gather to kick off the season, all in tails and swimming, so it's totally tail friendly.

Personally I've found all of the local beaches fine for swimming in tails, although people tend to crowd around you, and the water isn't great for clarity and can be cold.

Hey ^_^ I'm a NYC-based mer, just starting out. I haven't found a lot of city pools that are tail friendly except my local gym (NYHRC), so I'll be hitting the beaches this summer. Or possibly trying to explore some of the swimming holes in this article: https://ny.curbed.com/maps/best-new-york-swimming-pool-day-trips-car-free

Follow Theta on Tumblr
    NYHRC is tail friendly??????

Quote Originally Posted by Theta View Post
    NYHRC is tail friendly??????
    The UES location is definitely fin-friendly. I haven’t tried with the skin in all honesty. 100% would reach out to other locations directly ^_^

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Follow Theta on Tumblr
    Woooooo! I've got one very close to my office, it would be awesome to swim there on the way home from work!

My plan exactly email them and see what happens!

Hi dear I'm in upper Manhattan ny 125th your welcome to join us for our monthly mermeetup or swim at our fin friendly pool in Astoria

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Way cool NYCHR need to fund one near me thanks dear

Hi! Would love to swim with some fellow mers! Nice to know there’s a friendly pool is Astoria too ^_^

Has anybody got any outdoor pools that are fin friendly? Feeling like I’m gonna need one this weekend with the heat! Would be nice to take the tail but if not... I’m going to go float til I become one with the chlorine

Hi all! I'm planning my sister's bachelorette next summer and she is absolutely obsessed with mermaids! I'm hoping to get an AirBnB with a pool in a NYC burb (somewhere fairly accessible by train) and have someone come teach us mermaid moves for a party of 10 or so women. It would be ideal if you had tails we could borrow for the lesson. Let me know if this sounds like you or anyone you know and what you'd charge! Thanks much.

Wished I could have accepted this gig, but I'm sure you'll be able to find a mer who can accommodate you bestvof luck

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Hi guys, I'm new and live in and around NYC. I hope you've all been doing ok since the craziness of last year. Is there any forum/place with active NYC mers or Lower Hudson Valley?