Thread: new mermaid near sacramento CA!

new mermaid near sacramento CA!

hey guys! my name's camille and i'm a costume artist living near sacramento CA. i'm looking to expand my costume performance repertoire, as well as living out all my six year old dreams haha! <3

i'm super interested in the community and would love to join some local groups and learn more about where i can hang out with other merms.

i also have tattoos and am hoping it won't be too much of a hindrance as i get on my... fins? as i don't see many other merms who have them. i love my ink and don't want to cover it up, but i also don't want anything to look out of place. do any of you guys have ink and perform? what kind of reactions did you get?

nice to meet you all! <3

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Welcome to the Mernetwork. Mermaid Kelly has tattoos and it never stopped her from getting a gig.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    You should come to the California Mermaid Con in July! It's located in Sacramento!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Also I have two half sleeves and in 11 years have only had to cover my tats once.

Welcome! I have always admired costume designers- I'm not very good at sewing myself but have been thinking about trying to pick it up again. Looking forward to seeing your mermaid designs

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Clara's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Clara On Twitter Add Mermaid Clara on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Clara's Youtube Channel
    I live around Sacramento! Have you heard of the California Mermaid Convention, its in Sacramento in July!
    I wouldn't worry about having to cover up your tattoos, there are mermaids out there who have tattoos who don't cover them up.
    *Previously know as KellyMermaid*

ania, i would love to! hopefully i'll be able to buy a ticket on saturday because i feel i'll have a lot to learn from the panels, but i'd at the very least like to attend one of the free days.

clara, i have now haha! i'm really excited about it and would love to go. and thanks for the encouragement <33

aw thank you lily! <3 i'm already working on a freshwater lily pad ensemble and a kelp forest inspired oceanic one. super excited to apply my prop making skills to mermaid stuff as well!

thanks slim!