Thread: Mermaids Coming to the Sims 4 in Island Living!

Senior Member Pod of New England MermanJamie's Avatar

Talking Mermaids Coming to the Sims 4 in Island Living!

Hey everybody! I know I haven't been on the forum in what feels like forever, but there's an announcement I have to share with you all. I'm a die hard fan of the Sims Franchise, and there's been some exciting news.

Yesterday was EA Play, Electronic Arts's big convention, and they were speculated to announce new DLC for the Sims 4. There were various leaks showing similar content to the Sims 3: Island Paradise, which contained a tropical world, and of course, mermaids.

The Pack Island Living was officially announced yesterday, and along with it, the addition of mermaids. Though we've long had custom tails in our game, courtesy of the amazing Merman Simmer, we now will have mermaids as an official life state! They have an aquatic form that shows when they swim, similar to vampires' dark forms, and even more special powers than they had in the Sims 3. There are tons of custom tails and makeup specifically for mermaids, and they're going to be such a cool addition to the game!

Jamie
    And when he opened his mouth, the most beautiful sound came out. A high baritone vibrated throughout the sea, and suddenly all was quiet and harmonious. That is, until the next note.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Ooo! Yea I saw that! That's gonna be so awesome. I just hope the building materials will be just as cool. Cos I don't really play the game much, I just like building weird houses!
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    Not too long ago they were giving away The Sims 4 for free download, guess they're hoping people get hooked enough to buy the expansion packs... Didn't think it would work on me, but now they're giving us mermaids, ugh! I wonder if they'll go on sale for Black Friday or something?

Merman Simmer makes tails for Sims. Am downloading all his mermaid related content right now. He currently has the Mertailor Moon Kelp tail out. And Zaneida makes fins for ears, head and tail!

Merman Simmer
    http://sims4studio.com/thread/7608/m...crollTo=126774

Zaneida
    https://zaneida-and-sims4.tumblr.com...s-have-several

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I am not a fan it disappointed me LOL

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I am not a fan it disappointed me LOL
    Some of the actions you did in your review don't work because you need to be closer to another sim. The siren calls do nothing if you're too far away from another sim. You need to be in each other's faces for them to work. I was able to summon elementals because of the trait I chose, Child of the Land. Child of the Sea trait lets you do something too but I forgot what as I didn't choose that. You can use both traits in the CAS. I have not found the special conch yet, I think that one would give more options for mermaid actions.

@Mermaid Delphinidae, they are still offering Sims 4 for free. Not sure when it expires though.