Thread: Where to start?

Where to start?

Hey everybody-
    I just joined this site, so it's still pretty new to me and I'm not sure I'm even posting this in the right spot. Oh well. Anyway, my friend and I are making full silicone tails this summer. We've been doing a lot of research, but I'm still wondering how people are making their scale sheets? We don't want our scales to be thick or chunky, we want them to be almost flat. If anyone has made a tail before or knows stuff about scale sheets we could really use the help :)

Visit Princess of the sea's Youtube Channel
    Hi! Welcome to the site! I myself didn’t use a scale sheet, I used silicone caulk. You can also use a scale sheet. But I’ve got no idea how to do that :0

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    I’m replying really late, but people normally use foam sheet mold each scale by hand from an oil based clay. If you need anymore information you can message me. Hope this helped!

Sent from my ShellPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Izzy View Post
    I’m replying really late, but people normally use foam sheet mold each scale by hand from an oil based clay. If you need anymore information you can message me. Hope this helped!

Sent from my ShellPhone using MerNetwork mobile app
    Thank you Mermaid_Izzy I was looking for clarity on this as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Princess View Post
    Hey everybody-
    I just joined this site, so it's still pretty new to me and I'm not sure I'm even posting this in the right spot. Oh well. Anyway, my friend and I are making full silicone tails this summer. We've been doing a lot of research, but I'm still wondering how people are making their scale sheets? We don't want our scales to be thick or chunky, we want them to be almost flat. If anyone has made a tail before or knows stuff about scale sheets we could really use the help
    FancyFish(I think it is) on Etsy does pieces of tails for sale for personal assembly and creating with. You could order your scale sheets from them.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    When you're caught and find yourself tossed back,
    take advantage of the motion, and catch the next wave!