Thread: Trying to decide what I charge

Trying to decide what I charge

Hi guys,

I might have landed a really cool gig: perform in an actual zoo aquarium. Thing is: I'm not sure what I should charge. I have a feeling $100 an hour isn't enough.

Some infos:

I have a full fluke mythic (Moonstone) on the way, will be shipped this week.

I have a freedive certification.

I have followed a professional underwater make up workshop, and have the supplies I need.

I have 3 years of experience, and have a registered mermaid company.

What do you think I should charge, excluding travel costs? Is my feeling that $100 is too little justified?

One more question: what do you pay on average for a performer's insurance?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I made this video 3 years ago, might help you!

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I made this video 3 years ago, might help you!

Hi Raina,

Can you please tell me what you charge for an aquarium show per hour? Thanks!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    aquariums are tricky, most hire people who already work for them at their regular rate for their other job. Some aquariums pay nothing. I make 450$ for a 2 hour show but that took years to work up to and is pretty much unheard of for most places.

Thank you so much for your reply Raina! <3 Woah, are you in the aquarium for two whole hours? Do you get breaks? Do you get out of your tail during a break? What is your show like? Is it a story you enact, or do you do a ton of tricks?