Thread: Has anyone tried the fantasea 3 yet?

Has anyone tried the fantasea 3 yet?

Sorry if this has been discussed already, I looked and couldn't find anything on it...

So it's been a little while since the fantasea 3 has been released but I haven't really seen any feedback or reviews on it yet. I think the fin is stunning but I'd like to hear how it performs before I take the plunge and drop another stack of cash on a flippity floppity fin. I have the fantasea 1 and I think it's fantastic, so I'd like to know how the 3 compares seeing as it is considerably larger.

Has anyone who placed their order at launch received their fin yet or been able to try it out? And if so, how does it perform?

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by SleepySiren View Post
    Sorry if this has been discussed already, I looked and couldn't find anything on it...

So it's been a little while since the fantasea 3 has been released but I haven't really seen any feedback or reviews on it yet. I think the fin is stunning but I'd like to hear how it performs before I take the plunge and drop another stack of cash on a flippity floppity fin. I have the fantasea 1 and I think it's fantastic, so I'd like to know how the 3 compares seeing as it is considerably larger.

Has anyone who placed their order at launch received their fin yet or been able to try it out? And if so, how does it perform?

If your on Facebook join the official mertailor merpod, his models are on and they have shared their experiences on swimming in the 3

Quote Originally Posted by the.tattooed.mermaid78 View Post
    If your on Facebook join the official mertailor merpod, his models are on and they have shared their experiences on swimming in the 3

Will do, thanks

I haven't swam in it but I did get to pick one up amd touch it. It's almost as big as my fabric finfolk fluke and it is fairly heavy. I did order one so I'll have to let you know how I like it in the water when I get it.

I ordered one with a magenta lightening skin they have not shipped yet I also have the fantasea fin 1 so I am ready for the 3 they said the 3 has more power and is a lot bigger!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

I forgot to post my opinion of the 3 fin here like I said I would, whoops.

Gonna start with the negative to get it out of the way, I'd like to end it on a positive note because I do like the fin. It is not great for most swimming pools. Because of the big surface size and the fact that it's so soft, if your pool doesn't have a real deep-end as most pools don't anymore, this fin will actually suction to the bottom like a suction cup. I've been stopped dead in my tracks from this, although wearing a skin over it seems to solve this problem. Also because of the softness and flexibility, as well as the size, any propulsion you get from it is nearly cancelled out by the drag. I have a LITTLE more propulsion than if I were doing a dolphin kick without a monofin at all, but it's not much. (I tried the fantasea one fin before too, because it's so small and floppy it felt like swimming without a monofin entirely. Three is a little bit better in that regard.) Other nitpick is that when it came that the foot pockets were way too big for my feet, but a pair of thick neoprene socks solves this. I like that because I don't like swimming without the socks anyway, so I suppose it's kind of a positive?

Positives: I actually had a great experience with it swimming in the Florida springs. I'm not sure what the difference was, but I feel like I didn't tire as quickly while wearing it. I didn't feel I was swimming very fast, but I felt like I could swim for longer and stay under more comfortably. Probably because it's mildly negatively-buoyant, so I don't have the feeling of dragging something with me that's trying to float. It flows nicely with my legs. As a swimmer I tend to sink naturally, so having something attached to my feet that is about on the same density level of my body feels a little more natural I suppose. It is also a very pretty monofin, I kind of wish they'd use the mold for their Spellbound tails.

I saw someone make a comment about mermaids looking more graceful and elegant when they swim slower, which isn't wrong. I'm also the kind of person that prioritizes looking good over speed, so the negatives about the fin aren't a dealbreaker for me. I actually do like the fantasea 3.

I also like it a lot better than the Finis Shooter if that says anything for anybody.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    I wonder how bad the drag would be in a tail with extra fins. I know in my Teal Whimsy, the drag compared to swimming in my normal Royal Angel Whimsy is very noticable. I am not one for drag.

I absolutely adore mine. I've had it since last September and I couldn't be more extatic with it. Yes it's not as speedy as most but it glides through the water beautifully and flows so naturally. It's comfortable, and is just a dream to swim in. I don't get when people talk about drag with extra fins cos I don't feel that. Might be a different opinion when I finally get to swim in my finfolk. I hate their material too. Mertailor whimsy skins are just so soft and out of this world

Sent from my SM-G960F using MerNetwork mobile app

I personally prefer the neoprene over the spandex but I do most of my mermaiding in the Florida springs and they're always cold. I wish Eric had options for neoprene skins with the three fins.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com