Thread: Mertailor guppy tails - how stretchy are they?

Member Pod of Cali

Mertailor guppy tails - how stretchy are they?

Hey everyone,I was just wondering how stretchy are mertailor’s guppy tails? My waist goes just a few inches over mertailor’s XL size. Despite this I’ve always been able to fit in fin fun’s large size. So I’m trying to figure out how much of a stretch his guppy tails have because I don’t want the tail to be baggy.

I dont have an answer for you, but now I'm very interested in the sizing and stretch factors.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Member Pod of Cali
    Aw that's okay. I'm just trying to get a new tail and I'm trying to choose between either a Fin Fun Atlantis tail with an AMP (advance Monofin Pro) or mertailor's guppy tail. I've only had fin fun tails so I only know how their fabric works.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaid View Post
    Aw that's okay. I'm just trying to get a new tail and I'm trying to choose between either a Fin Fun Atlantis tail with an AMP (advance Monofin Pro) or mertailor's guppy tail. I've only had fin fun tails so I only know how their fabric works.
    If you go with the Atlantis tail I'd love to hear how you like it. I'm shopping around for a new tail skin and those keep catching my eye!

Member Pod of Cali
    Will do if I decide to!. The guppy tail was actually slightly cheaper than buying an atlantis tail with an AMP. The one thing that bugs me aesthetically about the guppy is that the monofin looks a bit blocky from an angle but the tail pattern is so nice. One of the bigger reasons I'm hesitating from the Atlantis tail is because of the fin seam on the back; that and finding a bluer tail that isn't mixed in with a shade of pink.

That makes sense! The dorsal seam does seem like it could be a weak link.

I was thinking of doing a full move to either Finfolk or the Mermtailor fantasea.

Member Pod of Cali
    I'd do fantasea if I could afford it. It looks so amazing; I want the whimsy at some point when I can afford to shell out half a grand on it since I don't know the required monofin. Finfolk's also a great choice.

I figured if I got a fantasea monofin I may just make my own sling for it until I can save up for an actual tail skin. Definitely dont have the funds for a full set up just yet. I absolutely love the fluke shape on the fantasea 2.

Member Pod of Cali
    I'd totally buy the 2 as well. Mertailor just has amazing tail designs! I'm not at all crafty so I wouldn't know what to do there haha.

I have no crafting skills either. I'm really hoping my mother in law can help me out on the fabrics, measurements, and sewing. Ahahaha.

Member Pod of Cali
    Haha, I get you there I'm a guy so I'm more worried about being judged for owning a fin. So I'm kinda hesitant on asking for help with it.