Thread: Are Mertailor'sGuppy tails stretchy?

Member Pod of Cali

Post Are Mertailor'sGuppy tails stretchy?

Sorry! I've posted something similar in another part of the forum but I didn't know there was a section specifically for mertailor tails. I was wondering how stretchy are mertailor's guppy tails? I've only owned a few fin fun tails. With fin fun I've been an XL; however because of how the fabric is, I could easily slip into a large. With that being said, I'm wondering how snug are mertailor's guppy tails are because according to his charts I'd fit in an XL. Because of my experience with being able to fit into a smaller fin fun size, I was wondering if I could do the same with his brand. I was thinking to either buy one of these or an Atlantis tail. I don't want to buy it too small and it won't fit nor if it's too large so it becomes baggy. So my question is how forgiving are they?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    I dont have a guppy but I have a Moon Kelp to fit my fantasea and it is likely the same fabric. So when I got my very first tail in February, Eric changed the size charts RIGHT after I ordered. At first, I was a small and now I should probably be an xtra small. You could probably get away with a smaller size. I know I could. I probably SHOULD have sized down but all mine are small. The fabric is verrry clingy when you get in water too, like suction to your legs and show allll the lines in your knees and legs.

If you get one that is too big you could always take it in to be smaller- or maybe exchange it if needed but I'd personally avoid that route.

Member Pod of Cali
    Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post
    I dont have a guppy but I have a Moon Kelp to fit my fantasea and it is likely the same fabric. So when I got my very first tail in February, Eric changed the size charts RIGHT after I ordered. At first, I was a small and now I should probably be an xtra small. You could probably get away with a smaller size. I know I could. I probably SHOULD have sized down but all mine are small. The fabric is verrry clingy when you get in water too, like suction to your legs and show allll the lines in your knees and legs.

If you get one that is too big you could always take it in to be smaller- or maybe exchange it if needed but I'd personally avoid that route.
    Oof I ended up ordering a medium and I'm hoping that there's enough stretch that it ends up fitting.