Thread: How To Collect Mermaid Figurines?

How To Collect Mermaid Figurines?

I want to start collecting mermaid figurines. But I can only find resin and glass kinds. I don't want anything like that because it could break.

Where could I find plastic mermaid figurines?

Any brands or stores?

Should I just collect Disney Ariel things?

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Try ebay. Sometimes they have estate sales from someone's collection.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    The toy brands Schleich and Safari Ltd. have some nice-looking mermaid figures. Schleich has several mermaid options and at least one merman. Safari Ltd. has one mermaid and a Scylla! These brands also sell other mythological sea creatures like hippocampi (also they have real sea animals) if you want some to go with your mermaids. If you're having trouble finding them I can post links!

Along with figurines, would you consider dolls? There are plenty of mass-produced, inexpensive ones intended for kids, but maybe you'll still find some that you like. Monster High and Barbie have some. You could even learn how to customize them to your liking. There's a whole community for that sort of thing. And if you're able to go higher end, there are more options there.

You could try searching for vinyl figures, but I'm not finding much myself. Mostly just Funko Pops for Ariel and a Mermaid Deadpool.

Along with eBay, try the Goodwill auction website. Right now there's a listing for a little replica of that Little Mermaid statue in Denmark. Though I can't tell what it's made of.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Delphinidae View Post
    The toy brands Schleich and Safari Ltd. have some nice-looking mermaid figures. Schleich has several mermaid options and at least one merman. Safari Ltd. has one mermaid and a Scylla! These brands also sell other mythological sea creatures like hippocampi (also they have real sea animals) if you want some to go with your mermaids. If you're having trouble finding them I can post links!

Along with figurines, would you consider dolls? There are plenty of mass-produced, inexpensive ones intended for kids, but maybe you'll still find some that you like. Monster High and Barbie have some. You could even learn how to customize them to your liking. There's a whole community for that sort of thing. And if you're able to go higher end, there are more options there.

You could try searching for vinyl figures, but I'm not finding much myself. Mostly just Funko Pops for Ariel and a Mermaid Deadpool.

Along with eBay, try the Goodwill auction website. Right now there's a listing for a little replica of that Little Mermaid statue in Denmark. Though I can't tell what it's made of.
    Oh thank you so much! This is really helpful!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    Glad I could help!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

I have 5 pewter mermaids for sale. Asking $100 shipped An Ariel set 3 figures and a single figure. Asking $80 shipped.

Brian