Thread: Help! Mahina scratches

Visit Princess of the sea's Youtube Channel

Help! Mahina scratches

Hi everyone!

I need your help.

So I went swimming today with my Mahina Merfin. And suddenly my niece and her friends show up. They wanted to swim with my fin. Of course I let them. We had slot of fun! But looking back. It was a bad idea. We were swimming at a lake and it was full with pointy rocks! Now my Mahina is full of scratches. I know how to swim with the fin without touching them but the others didn’t...

Is there a way to fix the scratches?!

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Undisclosed Pod
    My mahinas backside is full of them, they don't affect on anything. Just happens when you swim elsewhere than pool without a tail skin

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Add Ocoree on Facebook
    Yeah, unfortunately with the Mahinas being rubber, scuffing is going to happen. Majority of the time it doesn't harm the fin at all, as they're mostly cosmetic, and a lot of folks prefer to wear skins over their Mahina (therefore hiding said blemishes).

Over time anything is going to acquire scuffs, wear, and tear, and that's just the nature of the beast for things being used. Mahinas are pretty sturdy fins overall, and can handle a bit of knocking about for their price. Unless your niece and co are doing something along the lines of actually ripping chunks of the fin, I wouldn't fret too much about the appearance. I consider it as a way of adding to that fin's story.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Me and two of my podmates have/had mahinas, they will get scratched up but it affects absolutely nothing. What you really need to be concerned about is storing it flat and make sure you don't roll it up, because it will end up getting bent and it's hard to get that shape back to being flat.

Visit Princess of the sea's Youtube Channel
    Okay! thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app