Thread: Linden Monofin by Body Glove - Review

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar

Linden Monofin by Body Glove - Review

Alright! My first review ever on this site, and it's on the Mermaid Linden Monofin by Body Glove. Here we go!

Since I have my fitness test coming up, which is my final step into getting into the Air Force, I wanted to get my fitness back up by swimming again as this mer has missed the water and Perth's weather has been cold and crappy, so I went and swam for an hour at my local leisure centre and brought the Linden Monofin with me to try out.

Once in the water and swimming, the monofin is probably one of the most comfortable fins I've ever worn as it's light, somewhat flexible but has great push. I swam literally non stop for an hour, and the monofin held up great, didn't have any problems with the straps coming undone or the monofin giving me blisters. The straps are made of silicone and have neoprene padding so they don't rub the backs of your heels raw and the fin itself comes with thick neoprene booties for comfort. As someone with average sized feet, this didn't make the monofin tight on me, just only made things more comfortable. The monofin is also extremely easy to get on and off in the water (at least for me)

The only downside I'd say is that the straps are a pain in the bum to unhook from in between the footpockets, but other than that the monofin is definitely worth every penny that I spent on it. I bought the monofin for my incoming finfolk tail, and I'd thought I'd get a feel with swimming in the monofin before my tail comes in.

What are your thoughts on the Mermaid Linden Monofin?
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kwilena's Avatar
    Add Kwilena on Google+
    I've wanted one ever since I first saw one!
    Well, I'm feeling pretty swish!

I 100% recommend it! It's ridiculously comfortable and it's a great price for a decent monofin!

Add Kwilena on Google+
    Nyola has wanted one forever as well. It's hard to justify with both of us already having two perfectly good monofins each, but still. :-) What colour did you go for?

It's the yellow and blue one, I didn't really mind as I just wanted a relatively inexpensive monofin with good propulsion, and the linden was recommended

Add Kwilena on Google+
    I really like the look of the yellow one - it's either that or the purple. No real worries as most of the time it'll be under a skin anyway, but something about the freshness of the yellow in the water has a real zing to it and reminds me of reef fish of one sort or another.
    Hopefully we'll have them when we pop over to Wadjemup for some merphotography in December for a couple of days.