Thread: Need help on silicone mermaid tail!

Need help on silicone mermaid tail!

Hello everyone! I have been mermaiding for 3 years in a fabric tail and deciding to take it up a notch---(A WHOLE CRANK.) Im thinking about making a silicone tail but I'm afraid I'm going to mess up and my money all go to a big slop of silicone. My other idea is to get a MerNation genesis tail... out of all of this I'm afraid I'm going to buy/make a silicone tail and then only fit in it for a few months. Im only 13 but don't want to waste my HARD EARNED money on a silicone tail and then not last. I would like some help please! Thanks

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    13? You're still growing! You'd outgrow a silicone tail in months. Another alternative would be a neoprene tail.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    13? You're still growing! You'd outgrow a silicone tail in months. Another alternative would be a neoprene tail.
    Ok i guess i will look into a neoprene tail then

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    I have a hybrid silicone tail (Spellbound). Its measurements are about 10% smaller than my own, and it is a fairly snug fit. Another 5% smaller and it would be on the verge of too tight. That gives maybe a 10% range in measurements. So, if your measurements change by 5%, the tail becomes unusable. For you, that will be like half an inch to 1 1/2 inches, depending on location of the measurement.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    At your age, don't waste a ton of money on something you will outgrow.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

Definitely look at something in between, like Mertailor's line of tails with a silicone monofin and a fabric body! A step up, but more forgiving in size changes!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Russet View Post
    Definitely look at something in between, like Mertailor's line of tails with a silicone monofin and a fabric body! A step up, but more forgiving in size changes!
    Ok i will look... whats the line called?

It's his fantasea line of tails! He has 3 monofins out so far, and a ton of tails for each! They look REALLY amazing!
    https://www.themertailor.com/shop-wo...sea-tails.html