Thread: Old Time Photos but for Fantasy?

Old Time Photos but for Fantasy?

I live doing Old Time Photos on vacation where you get dressed up with props and have your photo taken in a fake saloon or western bar. Iíve done saloon girls, pirates, and southern belle. The pirates one we had a green screen so they could insert a ship behind us. You then choose what you want printed at what size with a sepia or bw filter. There is a sitting fee and then cost of prints with the added options of frames and mattes

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a place that did this but fantasy themed? You could put on fairy wings and dress/smock or a cloth mermaid tail and have a fake enchanted forest/garden or beach with a green screen to extend the ocean out. Props like giant flowers or a treasure chest. I know theres some really nice photography business that will do this on site and they are amazing! Im thinking as more of a touristy attraction. I think it would be cool. Thoughts?
    ~Mermaid Tory~
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidTory

Formerly known as Tswan114

Senior Member Euro Pod MermanOliver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Tory View Post
    I live doing Old Time Photos on vacation where you get dressed up with props and have your photo taken in a fake saloon or western bar. Iíve done saloon girls, pirates, and southern belle. The pirates one we had a green screen so they could insert a ship behind us. You then choose what you want printed at what size with a sepia or bw filter. There is a sitting fee and then cost of prints with the added options of frames and mattes

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a place that did this but fantasy themed? You could put on fairy wings and dress/smock or a cloth mermaid tail and have a fake enchanted forest/garden or beach with a green screen to extend the ocean out. Props like giant flowers or a treasure chest. I know theres some really nice photography business that will do this on site and they are amazing! Im thinking as more of a touristy attraction. I think it would be cool. Thoughts?
    Sounds great! Maybe you can even get one who can work with really old-fashioned collodium wet plates or something like that. I've seen it once on a Faire (Maker Faire Hannover), and it would really be cool, especially in a fantasy or pirate setting (OK, more wild west and steampunk than pirates, but what the heck, it's cool...).

Sent from my H3311 using MerNetwork mobile app