Thread: Old Time Photos but for Fantasy?

Old Time Photos but for Fantasy?

I live doing Old Time Photos on vacation where you get dressed up with props and have your photo taken in a fake saloon or western bar. I’ve done saloon girls, pirates, and southern belle. The pirates one we had a green screen so they could insert a ship behind us. You then choose what you want printed at what size with a sepia or bw filter. There is a sitting fee and then cost of prints with the added options of frames and mattes

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a place that did this but fantasy themed? You could put on fairy wings and dress/smock or a cloth mermaid tail and have a fake enchanted forest/garden or beach with a green screen to extend the ocean out. Props like giant flowers or a treasure chest. I know theres some really nice photography business that will do this on site and they are amazing! Im thinking as more of a touristy attraction. I think it would be cool. Thoughts?
    ~Mermaid Tory~
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidTory

Formerly known as Tswan114

Senior Member Euro Pod MermanOliver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Tory View Post
    I live doing Old Time Photos on vacation where you get dressed up with props and have your photo taken in a fake saloon or western bar. I’ve done saloon girls, pirates, and southern belle. The pirates one we had a green screen so they could insert a ship behind us. You then choose what you want printed at what size with a sepia or bw filter. There is a sitting fee and then cost of prints with the added options of frames and mattes

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a place that did this but fantasy themed? You could put on fairy wings and dress/smock or a cloth mermaid tail and have a fake enchanted forest/garden or beach with a green screen to extend the ocean out. Props like giant flowers or a treasure chest. I know theres some really nice photography business that will do this on site and they are amazing! Im thinking as more of a touristy attraction. I think it would be cool. Thoughts?
    Sounds great! Maybe you can even get one who can work with really old-fashioned collodium wet plates or something like that. I've seen it once on a Faire (Maker Faire Hannover), and it would really be cool, especially in a fantasy or pirate setting (OK, more wild west and steampunk than pirates, but what the heck, it's cool...).

Sent from my H3311 using MerNetwork mobile app

Add Aquariuz on Facebook Add Aquariuz on Google+
    This would be cool!! Also, i have though before that a vintage/ pinup girl photo place would be cool! Any of the above! Except for covershots!! Does anybody remember cover shots from the early 90’s? ...that went in the wrong direction, but fairies and mermaids would be cool, i think thatd be a good business plan!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    That's a cool idea! I bet there'd be a good market for it at Renaissance Fairies, maybe conventions too.