Thread: Little Feet, Big Foot Pockets... Help (Extra Unwanted Space)

Little Feet, Big Foot Pockets... Help (Extra Unwanted Space)

Hello All,

I am new to the Merworld and am in need of a little help. Recently I purchased a Finis Monofin!! (Yay!!) After my first time in the water with it I quickly realized that there is a good amount of empty space along the top of my feet in both foot pockets. I have called a few scuba shops to ask what will help with this issue and they have told me scuba socks should help... But.. I'm wondering if there are any kind of insert (foam or not) that i could purchase to fill in the space. All the pressure of the monofin is focused on one spot on my foot and it is quite painful . If anyone can help this new mermaid out I would greatly appreciate it.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Yeah, I heard that the sock things work, but i have never tried them myself. maybe you could try getting some bathing suit fabric and sew little pillows, stuffed with foam beads or something, and try putting that inside the pockets. I have no idea if that would work, just an idea. Please don't roast me...
    MTM

Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    I can attest to the fact that dive socks work. For reference I wear a size 5.5 to a 6 in US womens shoes and my monofins in both tails are for closer to a size 7.5-8. I had tried padding and I found that it would swell as I swam, move, or create different pressure so I went with the socks and it was a completely different experience and one I feel was a great solution.

Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic

To be honest this is along the lines of what I was thinking as well. So no roasting from me. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Saelyyia View Post
    I can attest to the fact that dive socks work. For reference I wear a size 5.5 to a 6 in US womens shoes and my monofins in both tails are for closer to a size 7.5-8. I had tried padding and I found that it would swell as I swam, move, or create different pressure so I went with the socks and it was a completely different experience and one I feel was a great solution.
    Thank you so much for your opinion. I will be ordering the socks asap!! So excited to be on this mermaid path!